Tuesday, April 28, 2009

OH kids...you gotta love them

TODAY'S CLEAN LAUGH *Bedtime Suggestion*
I'd had a pretty hectic day with my four-year-old. When bed-time finally came, I laid down the law: "We're putting on your p.j.s, brushing your teeth, and reading ONE book. Then it's lights out!" Her arms went around my neck in a gentle embrace, and she said, "We learned in Sunday school about little boys and girls who don't have mommies and daddies." Even after I'd been such a grouch, I thought, she was still grateful to have me. I felt tears begin to well up in my eyes, and then she whispered, "Maybe you could go be THEIR mom?"

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

2 comments:

Alison said...

This is hilarious!

tug-tugandnor-nor's mommy said...

This reminds me of the story of a mom whose daughter told her, cry a river, build a bridge and get over it. True story!!!! Can you believe that???