Last year I was given a great book to read about the importance of encouraging your kids throughout the day. I mean who doesn't love a little boost to make your heart happy. I can remember my mom writing on my napkin I would unfold it very carefully(imagine Charlie looking for the GOLDEN TICKET) and find stick figures holding flowers or a simple I love you! Those napkins made my day. I was my mom's baby a VERY spoiled youngest of 4 I might add. I'm totally okay with that. Back to my point about the book- I loved it and I wanted to make sure that William felt that same love as long as he can. A few times last year I forgot and he let me know. In the book it talks about all kinds of ways we can encourage our children from writing on the driveway to the bathroom mirror. I also love the idea of encouraging them with God's word. Just today at breakfast we went over the bible verses our family is learning this week. I just pray that those words are hidden in his heart to fight the enemy. Also included are ideas for packing a unique lunchbox, and beyond that, a focus on building self-esteem and character to lay the groundwork for the miracle of salvation.
This year I have asked family and friends to show the love to William with their own lunchbox love notes. I have a box that I keep in the kitchen that I rotate through. Categories are: Holiday, jokes,friends,FAITH,family,sports trivia. Below are a few of my favs!!!!!
The awesome book--shared with another mommy of a new K5 student
FIRST DAY of 2nd grade love from mommy and daddy
2nd day of school love from his BFF
3rd Day of school love from every one's favorite Preschool Minister and Ice Cream date
2nd week of school love from a Rhode Island cousin-claiming to be the the favorite there are a few of those HA
FINALLY this one from babyM!!! Could this be any cuter??
So share the love with your sweet school age kids! Give them that extra boost of LOVE with a warm heart!
Happy LUNCHBOX love note writing!

4 comments:
What a GREAT idea! Love recruiting friends and family to help, keeps it from being the same old boring "Love from Mom" note.
Thank you for making our lunches more fun and more encouraging!
Those are so sweet! What a great idea.
So cool. I need to check this out. I put a note from me everyday(and every now and then Brian does), but I always run out of things to say.
Post a Comment