Friday, August 20, 2010

YOu are going WHERE?? FOR HOW LONG??

So have you read Radical by David Platt? If you have not read it...SHAME ON YOU- I have a copy you can borrow. Remember in Ch. 4 when he visits with those church leaders and they basically tell him " HEY glad you are going to all these places but that's for you and not for me" Huh huh Remember that part? Yeah that was me my whole life until 2 years ago. I could not understand or better yet I just did not "hear the call " on my heart. WRONG answer We all have the call to go to all the nations. .......STOP -Breathe- that is another post I wont go there.
Here is the story:
About 10 months ago I started praying for God to really use me. As I started praying that and journaling that a funny thing happened. I would come to a point in my prayer time each time with one question DO YOU TRUST ME? EWWWWWWWWWW I was not really a fan of that question popping into my prayer time. What was God thinking asking me that?;) I did not share this with anyone at all. As I searched for what I thought God was trying to say I began to dream about taking a mission trip. I always knew in my heart and in my plans that I would never be able to do that. We didn't have the money, what about the boys? What about my job? Jordan travels during the year? My family lives away? who would help us? so one by one as those questions got answered I could feel myself wanting to share this new found desire God had placed on my heart. I told Jordan that I had been praying about going on a mission trip. He told me that was awesome(umm did someone steal my husband?) you see as Jordan has been growing in his walk he began praying for me and my walk and my total trust in the LORD. He seemed calm. He told me we would pray about it together. So we did for 3 more months.
I was in a staff mtg and they announced that all trips abroad would have 2 1/2 scholarships for staff. They also reminded us that we have 5 mission days that are paid and these are not vacation days to use every year. During that mtg several of the mission trips that had spots were mentioned: Canada, Brazil, Uganda, South Asia. OHHHHHHHH Canada. I even know the song. That would be awesome I knew the mission up there - the vision of the church plants and thought that was a great challenge. I began to pray about Canada our sweet sister to the north.
GOD HAD other plans. HELLO BETH DO you trust me? Well yes God but what are you saying to me?
2 weeks later I told Jordan I could not stop thinking about that south Asia trip. I knew that was no coincidence. I told him I thought that is where God wanted me to go to really trust him to reach out in total faith. Whew after that I cried. AT first I couldn't figure it out but I knew it was from relief of finally saying YES to GOD. We have prayed and prayed about this trip. I have had the opportunity to share with a few groups about my trip and how I know the Father is all over it. I ask you to pray for my time there. For our team to meet and share our lives with these sweet people. For our team to be open to whatever the day brings. I ask you to pray for my family here. All plans have been made and are set - Trip is paid for - THANK YOU GOD- I get my shots on Friday-yeah extra prayers are appreciated for this one- Pray for my boys as this will be the longest I will have EVER been away from them. Pray for Jordan! He longs for my heart to be only for our Father. He has sat by me and seen the struggle I have had with Satan in the last 4 years. MY HUSBAND is my best friend, MY ROCK. To see him grow makes me want to jump for joy at where our lives are headed.

So there is the story! I can't wait to share how God ROCKED my world there. I can't wait to share how one team of 5 made a difference.

8 comments:

Jessica said...

Prayers and kudos for you!!! Sometimes we just don't want to hear the message that God is sending us. I, for one, am an EXPERT at banging my head against a door God has shut and taking FOREVER to see the beautiful window He has opened. Good for you to open your heart to His plan and good for Jordan to be so supportive. Let us know if he needs help while you're gone.

btw, love the Oh Canada song reference :-)

Kelley C said...

Its been exciting to watch from the outside as you've been walking along this path. Plus now I can count on you to come visit next time we live overseas!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you. Love you!

Meredith Poe said...

So glad you shared this. Know that I am so happy you are coming our way and we cannot wait to see you. Will continue to pray for you my friend!

Double Dees in SC said...

I am so excited for you and SO proud of you for surrendering. You are the perfect person to share Christ's love with others - you are such an encouraging friend with a compassionate heart and I know you long for others to have the relationship you have with Jesus. Just so proud of you, Beth!

Parkison Family said...

Yay! We love South Asia in our home. God will do so many amazing things. I can't wait for you to experience them!

KLee said...

Gave me chills! Can't wait to hear what God does through you!!

KLee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.