Thursday, October 02, 2008

So Proud

This morning in the car W counted to 50! WHAT .....who knew he could do that? I mean straight through with a little hang up around 13...poor 13 always gets left out! I was so excited. He is just a sponge lately with his new school. Its so much fun to sit and listen to him tell what he has learned. The funny thing is when other people ask him he says he played! HAHAHAHA I guess that is good too. We love Ms. Lindsey(I think W is IN love with her) she takes the time to speak to me every morning and tells me about W's day! Something we most certainly did NOT get at the last center. So far in a month they have learned 7 states and their capitals, 7 French words and 7 Spanish words. His sign language leaves a little to the imagination...I think he is giving out gang signs. (Maybe he should hang out in Amy's 1st period class?) HAHAHAHA! By far the most exciting thing is his "reading" skills are really coming along. His sight words are increasing and he is really understanding about putting letter sounds together. We have a bunch of Usborn phonics books and they are his new favorites. I can hear him "reading" and sounding the words out. AHHHHHHHHHH a new world ahead of us in that little brain! I LOVE IT!


Can you tell I'm excited?! What a great day to PRAISE THE LORD for the gifts HE gives us to bless us everyday when our little ones are learning!

9 comments:

The Burleys said...

That is so awesome, and I am glad you have him at a school where he is just soaking in all these new things! We are so proud of him and know how happy it makes mommy & daddy! Love you guys!

Shelby said...

Sounds like he could be a future president! Man, when I read all the stuff he's learned in a month, and how I also teach 4 year olds, and how they don't know all that stuff because I haven't taught it to them, it made me realize that I must suck at being a preschool teacher!! That's awesome all the stuff he already knows!!

As for your parents traveling, I'm so glad they are getting to go on such a neat vacation. I haven't been to Ireland, but would love to make that trip sometime. I've been to Scotland and London and through some of the country side of England and it's all absolutely gorgeous! I hope they have a wonderful trip!

Anonymous said...

YOU DO NOT SUCK! you should see the list we got at the beginning of the year..Its impressive...if it gets all done I will be shocked! :) HAHAHA! But I do have to say one of the reasons he is at this new place is for kindegarten prep...that is one of the major reasons we choose this one!

tug-tugandnor-nor's mommy said...

You are going to have one smart boy going off to kindergarten. Which can you even believe that we are going to soon have boys old enough for kindergarten??? Sign language/gang symbols.......funny!!!

Amanda said...

I don't really think they are gang symbols...I think he is trying to do Shout to the Lord!! HAHAHA!!!

Outnumbered! said...

Go W! How exciting! Sounds like a great program!

Nichole Devescovi said...

Just wanted to say, I have lurked here occasionally...saw you on Heather's blog. Your boys are precious. I was friends with Jordan and the Jason's in college. Your son sounds very smart! My middle daughter is 4 and just learned to count to 20!

Gini (Hallquist) Young said...

mercy leaves out 15 when she's going fast...course we only count to 20. sounds like he's doing great! and the pics on your site are awesome.

Amanda said...

Ok...I was checking your blog and my daugher will not let me get off...she is crazy about your boys!! She said more baby!!! She is too funny. He and her "boy" friends. I do think it is because of my brothers!!! Love ya!