Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Transitions

It has been a while that I have blogged. There have been so many times that I have wanted to sit and write. I find it to be somewhat of a relaxing time when I let my thoughts flow. So many things have happened...but there are just not enough hours in the day lately.

Today is a bittersweet day that I have been avoiding talking about for over a year now. My sweet friend and intern is headed to her official training to be an M worker overseas. I have seen her grow up in ways that I only could dream of in my own walk with the LORD. I can remember like it was just yesterday when she joined the church and I walked up to introduce myself to her....she was so shy and BLONDE(love ya). I thought this kid is going to have to get over that pretty quick if she is going to make it upstairs. I work with a pretty rowdy crew...at that time with Scott & John involved you never know what you were walking into. A slowly began to open up and the the most important thing that we all learned pretty quickly was her love for overseas workers and her heart for South Asia.

WE bonded....OH HOW WE BONDED. Lots of Fall Retreats, DNOW, beach camps (birthday celebrated and all), special lunch breaks and long talks. You would think that I was the one that was the teacher in this situation HOWEVER you would be wrong. I have grown and learned to let my heart open to her passions in life. Her strength and her love for people is what I long for. She is just a joy. She told me not to get too sappy so I am here to say it makes me sad that I will not hear your voice every Monday night or be able to go get NOT MEAT lunches but I am so blessed to know that you are in HIS will and that is right where you need to be. I would never want anything more for you. I am so proud of who you have become and who you will be in a few years. (the actual time is debatable) I'm excited to hear and to share this journey you are on. I know that you will do great things and lives will never be the same.

How am I ever going to get through the Fall Retreat and DNOW with out you? Especially since Corletta doesn't answer her phone?! HAHA You have passed the "Keys" on to the future in N & A...they have alot to lo live up to.

I am so blessed to work everyday and watch young lives change as they decide to go into the ministry. This year alone we are sending 5 out either to seminary or abroad and that is something that I thinks ROCKS.I am so grateful to be a part of a church that supports local colleges and universities so that these young people can have opportunities like these.
A with our boys!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beth...I couldn't help myself so I read it, and I cried just a little. No big deal. Just a few tears.

I love you. You have taught me so much and I consider myself blessed and honored to have worked alongside you for the past several years.

Amanda said...

What has happened to J?? He is so big now. They are both so handsome! Hope to talk to you soon!Love ya!

TCW said...

I wish the best to A as she embarks on this journey. I don't know her really well but I will be praying.