So for the first 4 weeks our sweet little J was sleeping cozy and snug in our room. He was so quiet as he quietly slumbered in a bassinet that Mimi used. I was so excited that our #2 was able to use this heirloom as both daddy and uncle j had used it too! GREAT...right?? WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not quite sure what happened but he turned into the LOUDEST newborn on the block. Notice I said block...cause I have heard several other little boys are pretty loud themselves. The grunting and and stretching and bubbling would start anywhere from 45 mins to 30 mins before he would actually wake up. It was DRIVING ME CRAZY. I was really not ready for him to go into his crib yet..that would mean he was a big boy and I was not ready for that. Well after a few nights of fighting through the GRUNTS I had to make a change.
One of the things I was sure about not doing was not using the bumper this time around. After some reading and becoming slightly paranoid the bumper is in the closet. I had to think of a way to keep little J tight so that he didn't feel lost in his big crib. I took the sides off my sleep positioner and placed them on a lap pad. I also started using the sleep sacks. These things are AWESOME!
1 whole week in his crib and he is a sleeping CHAMP! Last night we put him down at 10:15 and he slept all the way till 4:45!!!!!!!! I of course being on the previous wake up schedule had to check his breathing about 50 times! haha That is of course the longest he has slept. About 4 or 5 nights in a row he would go to 3ish! YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I think that all that grunting was him trying to get out of the swaddle!! Really! This kid HATES blankets on him..and so the wonderful sacks are doing the trick!!! ahhhhhhhhhh 2 boys asleep!!!
** Can't wait to spend time today with the girls at the zoo! I think I have mastered getting out of the house with both the boys and all the things they need! HAHA I started my adventures this week with K and lilE to the park! Thanks K for being my first playdate out! I know I was a little sweaty! HAHA ! Yesterday I took the boys to meet Miss Amanda THE GREATEST INTERN IN THE WORLD at Panerra for lunch. Today we will head downtown with Bebe and OKW to the zoo. I am packed and the lunches are made! I even made cookies to share with our friends! FUN TIMES!
3 comments:
I'm glad they are both sleeping for you!
Have fun at the zoo!
It was great seeing all 3 of y'all today! You did great getting there, and on time! W and J both did so well:) And, about those cookies, I hate that I left too early to get one.
dude, you're like super mom!!!
Post a Comment