Tuesday, July 15, 2008

50/85 & 35/80 and the day of doctors!

50th % for weight and 85th for height was big Brothers stats. Let me tell you that the 4yr old check up should come with a disclaimer for the mommy and daddy! IT WAS ROUGH!! 4 shots and bloodwork did not make for a very happy afternoon. Thankfully J was with me so that he could hold W down on the table...I swear I have NEVER heard him scream that loud...it was awful. J told me he was traumatized as much as W was! While we were there they decided to let us have little J's appointment so that we would not have to go back this afternoon for his 1 month check. Nice in theory BUT the wait was LONGGGGGGGGG and he got his 2nd HEP A shot..lots of tears all around! Little J's checkup went great and I got all my questions answered. Dr told us that he was right on track and we could expect him to gain and grow pretty much like big brother did...LONG AND SKINNY! He was 35th for weight and 80th for height weighing at a whopping 8lbs 13 ounces! I had been a little concerned about him going back to more frequent feedings since I am nursing him...but he assured me that it was just a 1 month growth spurt and that he would even back out to closer to 3 hours again soon! He told me that from what we told him and how long he sleeps at night that we were doing everything just right! THANK GOD cause I was beginning to feel like a prisoner! Don't get me wrong I love it and am grateful that this time around I am more at ease with nursing and that little J is doing so great...it just makes me TIRED and HUNGRY! Speaking of hungry,am looking forward to a new weightloss routine this august with some support and help from some friends!
Dentist then dr and then dentist this morning! Am I crazy or what!
Okay so this morning I took W to his 6 month check up at the dentist! We have the greatest dentist in the world!! I know 4yr old check up and then dentist?? AM I some kind of MEANY mommy..well I just wanted to get them all out of the way! WHEW! When we got back Papa asked W if he wanted to go visit George the Train! I think that took his mind off of the shots and the teeth. Hope they have fun!
Meals are ending this week! BOOOOOOOOOO!! haha It sure has been awesome to know that I did not have to think about dinner for basically a WHOLE month! What a great ministry in our Sunday School class and church friends. We have been so blessed.
We are planning on meeting the girls at the zoo on Friday and a playdate/dinner fun night with some friends to start our weekend! I am trying to get it all in before I have to return to work in late August! Mixed feelings on that one...we will see.
Well adios..I going to drink my coffee and enjoy #2 alone while I can..minus the kissing monster of a brother!

3 comments:

Shelby said...

That IS a lot of doctor visits for one day girl! You are BRAVE!!!! Glad everyone is doing well. :)

Michelle said...

"kissing monster of a brother"...that's funny! Miss you guys!!

TCW said...

Where do I sign-up for the weightloss routine you mentioned. I am glad the appts are over for you for now.