AGHHHHHHHHHH the sound of thunder and the flash of lighting what a pleasant summer evening. Thank you LORD for cooling this crazy weather off and giving us some MUCH needed rain.
SO today I woke with a heavy lump in my throat realizing that this is it before we become 4...and switch to man on man defense!HAHA ( J is so happy that he gets to use that phrase now). I thought about making this post into what it would be like if I "Twittered" my life...that is how I felt all day recalling my day for all the well wishers that have called to check up on me. Twitter what a strange thing...I mean how in the world do you keep up with that? ANYWHOOOOOOO get ready this will be random.
I went into Big Brothers room this morning and watched him sleep..he is so sweet and HUGE how did he get so big ...so fast? We talked about his day and how the next time he woke up it would be the day he officially became a big brother just like daddy is a big brother.
After Daddy took W to school I tried to think of all the things that I needed to get out or put batteries in....or organize to make life a little easier when we bring baby J home. So I split up packs of diapers and wipes, sets of clothes and blankets and put them in our bedroom bassinet and the downstairs bassinet. I created a basket downstairs and filled it with similar things so we would not have to go up and down the stairs all the time. After resting a while I headed out to Hobby Lobby to get some jump rings to adjust my EXTRA cool paci clips that Annie made us for the baby. While I was there I found myself in the middle of a HUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGE summer sale. So I picked up another frame for the nursery, a BIG "C" to put on my shelves, and a special surprise for Daddy's day! All for the low discounted price of $23. YES I love sales and deals. I'm not always that great at hunting them out so when its a surprise sale I feel like I won the lottery! After HL I headed to CFA...while in the drive through line I was reading about all the new recipe things they have posted...I mean how can they make CFA any better?? I think we might have to ask SIL Kelley to see what her take on it is...she is the local CFA expert! Hey Kel have you tried the new chix with fruit salad? MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Driving home I received a call from a GREAT family friend who told me that she had sent us a package and what do you know there it was on our front step. Inside was a brand new Vera Bradley Tote filled to the top with goodies! YESSSSSSSSS this sure made my afternoon! Inside was a matching pattern CD case with CDS that she had made for us...some for me and some for J and some that we both will enjoy! What a fun treat! We have already listened to 2 of them! There was also a few baby items for baby J in the bag and some cool things for Big Brother! WOW HOW festive! Can't wait to show off my bag!( much to J's dismay my bag restriction continues as others buy me bags....hahahahhaha I really have a problem...is there a support group for people who are addicted to bags?)
Tonight we had a "YOU make the call" dinner...that is what we call it when W gets to pick dinner. Usually he says Cracker Barrel but tonight we dined at Sonic while we had a terrible rain storm...oh well at least we were all together...right??? HAHAA After dropping Big Brother off at Mimi's house for a fun night and a PJ party. Daddy and I headed to get Ice Cream and a little time alone. I informed him since we have to be at the hospital at 6am that it would be an early night....welllllllllllllllllllllllll here I am 9:49 watching the Braves SUCK and J is asleep on the couch. Oh well at least we are together right??? HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH
We will keep you posted on the events of tomorrow as our lives change. I have been pretty emotional after the past year and half. 2 losses and now a new life who is about to make his debut. I can't tell you the many ways this has changed our lives. We are stronger together as we seek with our hearts to be stronger in the Lord. J and I feel more than blessed by our lives. LIFE is sooooooooooo GREAT and we keep saying how this is just the first part of our journey!
** J will be guest- posting this weekend with pics**
6 comments:
Can't wait to meet your little one and see pictures of him!
Good luck Beth! You ARE so blessed and the best is yet to come....
Yea! I'm so excited that today is here!
I haven't tried the new recipes....actually in this last stage of pregnancy I've um kinda lost my appetite for CFA. GA! Hopefully it will return after the baby comes.
I am so happy that your big day has finally arrived! I can't wait to meet Little J, I am sure he's going to be a cutie!
As for me, I will probably still be preggo when J is a month old, so I am super jealous that your little one is making his debut today!
Take care! I am praying for you as I write this!
Love you!
I get to see you and baby J today!!! Last time I bought a new bag, Steven said I could only do so if I got rid of FOUR others...crazy huh? He's helping me not to be such a pack rat I guess.
So apparently I am having a difficult time posting a comment this evening. I was wondering when we were going to see pictures of the new bundle of joy, especially one of big brother holding little brother.
Post a Comment