Thursday, May 01, 2008

Arrested

Well got your attention didn't I!! That would be HOUSE arrest...jail or any other term you would like to call BEDREST. I prefer to say I'm on restriction.
How did this all come about? Well On Monday night I was sitting on the couch and was trying to focus on Hubs face when he seemed to have this crazy squiggly line thing going on around him.. I thought hmmm that is weird...am I having a flashback or is there something wrong with me?? Now if you know W's birth story when I was in delivery I thought several times I was hallucinating so I did not say anything for fear of the Hubster bringing this back up to make fun of me. HAHA Well as I was trying to focus he asked me what was wrong and I told him he answered with that was not good and I needed to rest. I went to bed and felt okay...just okay on Tuesday. After a LONG staff mtg I headed up to my desk and thought to myself hmmmmmm not really feeling great so I called the nurse. She told me that I might be experiencing a migraine but wanted me to come in ASAP. Before heading out a good friend asked if she could go with me...THANK GOD she did! After hearing that my BP was through the roof ...I waited to see the OB nurse. She informed me that there was no trace of protein in my urine which was good cause if there was I would most likely be in the hospital right now.
THAT IS TOTALLY NOT IN MY PLAN PEOPLE! SO I was then told I was out of work..after a little shock I was told to go home and get those fat swollen feet up.
SO here I am on the couch where you will find me if you choose to visit me. I can't stay in the bed..that just makes me feel like a crazy person. I am praying that I can go back to work at least part time after my check up next week.Being home is nice and I do feel rested. Hubs says that my feet and face have gone way down...and that I seem not as stressed out. When the nurse came by to check my BP( thats right a HOME VISIT...pays to have one of your best friends mom as your nurse) she told me that I could go get a pedicure with a good friend tonight as long as I take it easy. AGHHHHHHHHHH it was nice ...we chatted and talked about the upcoming births of our boys. I love girlfriends and pretty painted RED toes! So that is about all the ramblings for now. We will see how I do with J heading out of town this weekend...coming home on Sunday and then heading back out of town on Tuesday - Saturday the 11th! Thankfully he will be pretty much done after that!


** Oh did I mention Baby J's room is painted!! It looks awesome! Can't wait to get in there and get things organized! ****

5 comments:

Shelby said...

Oh girl.. take it easy! I had to be on bed rest the last 2 weeks of Stone's pregnancy due to swelling and my blood pressure being on the rise. Take care of yourself and stay put!

It's a Mom Thing said...

Love the room...loved getting our toes painted red. And you better rest tomorrow, ya hear!

Will S & G be able to help with W this weekend?

Caroline said...

Hey! Glad to hear the swelling is down!!! Next week, if you are still at home, S was wanting to come by and say hi to you - maybe even bring you something yummy:)

Suzanne Swift said...

Hey Girl! Sorry to hear you're arrested! We would love to bring yall dinner so let me know when would be good! Tell J and W we said hey!

Annie said...

I love you and I am praying for you! Wish I was there. I would come chill and watch Y&R with you. I miss you!