Dear God in heaven,
Thank you so much that you have blessed me with 2 sons. Thank you that you love my children and want the best for them. I love these boys and want the best for them, as well. Please help me to raise my sons to be outstanding young men who love you, love other people, and are dearly loved by their family and friends.
In the days ahead, please protect my sons from harm. Please put your angels around them to guard them and keep them from evil. Please give me wisdom on how to limit their exposure to the negative influences in our society. And please help me to nurture positive character qualities in their hearts and lives.
When my children disobey me, please give me the grace to love and forgive them each time. When I lose my temper or otherwise fail my children, please forgive me. And please help my sons to forgive me, as well.
Please give me the sense of humor, wisdom, grace, strength, peace and joy I need day by day.
Amen.*
Thank you so much that you have blessed me with 2 sons. Thank you that you love my children and want the best for them. I love these boys and want the best for them, as well. Please help me to raise my sons to be outstanding young men who love you, love other people, and are dearly loved by their family and friends.
In the days ahead, please protect my sons from harm. Please put your angels around them to guard them and keep them from evil. Please give me wisdom on how to limit their exposure to the negative influences in our society. And please help me to nurture positive character qualities in their hearts and lives.
When my children disobey me, please give me the grace to love and forgive them each time. When I lose my temper or otherwise fail my children, please forgive me. And please help my sons to forgive me, as well.
Please give me the sense of humor, wisdom, grace, strength, peace and joy I need day by day.
Amen.*
I have held onto this prayer given to me the day that my first son was born by a GODLY woman that I love very much. I have sent it to other moms of boys too. I think it just touches me every time I read it...I pray this over W when he is sleeping and am sure that as parents we will pray this over both boys. GOD is so good to me and J and we are amazed everytime we think how blessed we truly are!
5 comments:
Thank you for sharing that... that is an awesome prayer.. one I think I will start praying!
How sweet!
Great prayer! So glad you posted this!
oh beth, that is precious -- thank you for posting that. i copied it down and am keeping it. one day... :)
Beth, You oldest boy is so handsome and I know that your baby will be just as handsome.
I also wanted to let you know that I have changed my blog site. The new address is http://tatker.wordpress.com.
I hope things are still going great for you and your family.
Post a Comment