So what says spring to you??? Is it that fact that you can wear white(I know Stacy and Clinton say otherwise) again on the bottom half...open toed shoes...EASTER and all the rebirth that comes with that??? WHAT IS IT???
The first 2 things for me are the forsythia bushes that start to bloom and the pear trees. 2 VERY special things to me. #1 the Forsythia bushes remind of me of "HOME" in that I mean in Connecticut. I guess after a LONGGGGGGGGGG winter to see those BRIGHT yellow bushes bloom sometimes in between snow storms...yes it still snows in the spring time up there...it was always where we would take our Easter shots before church. I think my mom knew that if she waited till after church or lunch that all of us would look much different. !! :) #2 The pear trees---those are a new love of mine. YES I know they smell like FISH I lived in a dorm that had them surrounding the building ...the smell was so bad we could not even leave our windows open...but they are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO pretty. I love to drive down our street and see them in bloom. OH and they line the parking lot of the church so I get to look at them everyday when I come into work. These trees do not grow up north cause of the weather...so I like to think that they are my southern love of spring! Can't wait for EASTER....can't wait for open toed shoes.....can't wait for pedicure season....OH YEAH and my birthday!!!! So what makes you feel springy??


4 comments:
Azalea bushes really remind me of spring and Easter. My mom and dad had a ton them in front of their house (my dad has since dug them up).
I remember looking for Easter eggs in the azaleas. :)
So, I shouldn't rain on your parade and tell you there is a chance of snow on Saturday. For real, what's up with this weather?
Well, as I posted LAST year on your blog (or someone's) when they were so excited that it was "spring" I don't really care for it. Why? As Miriam posted, because of the crazy weather, which can't decide if it's warm, hot, cold, or freezing! It keeps me sick, sneezing and miserable and then reminds me that oh yeah, dreaded summer heat is coming next!!
Okay, so the only thing I do enjoy about spring is the fact that I can wear sandals and flip flops and show off pedicures!! ha!
I love the thunderstorms...today's was great! (but only if they don't have crazy wind and hail!)
I love to look at the blooming bradford's.
I love the warmth!! I can't wait to be able to enjoy the outdoors again!
Post a Comment