A quick trip to Target tonight and that was really hard for me to keep it quick---Why Target...well I used 6 coupons out of the latest coupon book...I mean I like a good deal just like you.
In my cart= Johnson & Johnson Vapor bath for W(this stuff ROCKS...especially if you shut the bathroom door and steam it up really good...WHEWWW that stuff clears even the mommies and daddies out), 2 different kinds of tylenol(one fo W..the quick release chewables...and EXTRA strength for mommy and daddy), 2 6 packs of Gatoraid( on sale and I had a coupon), orange juice,apple juice,shower steamers(if you have never used these...the next time you are congested give them a try. They fill your WHOLE shower with a "vicks" vapor smell and you will be opened up...they ROCK! -Target brand cold and cough syrup(coupon)And Finally topping out the cart Shreck Mac & Cheese(coupon and W was so good at the dr today when she was trying to decide if he has pneunomia.....which so far she does not think so..just a Viral Chest cold...Oh Great! WE go back on Friday am to see if the tightness has broken up)
Get to the register and the lady kept looking at my items and then looking at me and says"Oh HOney are you sick?"
Me- "Well sorta...I'm on the tale end...but my boys are."
Lady- " You are pregnant you can't drink Gatoraid"
Me- thinking first before I say something bad ..."wellll I think its okay" in my nicest hey just ring me up voice
Lady-"Well okay...if you want to drink that ....and take robotussin then okay
Me- "Hey ...HAve a great night...." trying to walk away as she tells the next person in line that I got gatoraid to drink and I'm pregnant" I mean who has eve heard that before???
So that pretty much sums up midweek at our house..Me on a ZPACK...breathing treaments and tylenol, feeling like someone kicked me in the ribs. J on Tylenol cold and cough and HIGH FEVER. W Viral infection and HIGH FEVER and crazy smokers cough---NICE! Makes me just want to open all the windows and start spraying lysol all over the place! Tonight before I go to bed I will take a steamy shower ...put my vicks on my feet and cover them with socks( a trick I heard about from my sweet friend Marie) and go night night...
11 comments:
Gatorade was pretty much what I lived on for a few weeks early in this pregnancy when I was throwing up every 20-30 minutes. It was exactly what the NURSES in the ER told me to do last pregnancy when I was in for dehydration from throwing up so much. Where did that come from???
One of my pregnant Indian friends told me we weren't supposed to eat Chinese food while pregnant. I wanted to ask her what all the pregnant Chinese women did...but I didn't.
I hope you all get to feeling better.
Oh Beth! You got it bad my dear...and that is so dumb about the Gatorade, my bff in seminary was told to drink it like non-stop by the dr. cause she had hyper...whatever that makes you super sick most of the time! Bless your heart, but I'm proud of you for couponing on top of all that.
I always find it funny what people tell you you should or not eat during pregnancy. I always think , "what did our grandparents do?" I mean our parents weren't even required to ride in car seats...I know they didn't watch what they ate while PG!!! Sometimes people are so funny!!
~Michelle
So, how did the Vicks On the Feet work out for you?
I hope you're feeling better today and am really praying for your boys to feel better soon.
No Gatorade? She must be smokin' crack.
That is probably the most ridiculous comment I have ever heard....most have to drink it or they would become severely dehydrated from all the barfing! I'm proud of your restraint....just nod and smile, even when you want to say, "HEY LADY, I've DONE this before but thanks!" hahaha
Hope you get to feeling better! Nothing worse than being sick and prego. What's going on with these pregnant ladies being sick at the same time?
Gotta love nosey, intrusive people who have no idea what they're talking about! I did the Vicks on the feet thing with Cam a few weeks ago when she was stuffy. Seemed to work! Hope you guys get to feeling better REALLY soon. Glad you didn't come to my house to eat that soup with me - ha ha! LOVE YOU!
Hope get to feeling better soon! I guess the flu is better than having all that crap in your lungs. I just feel drained!
Hope you and the boys are up and about soon! Let me know if you need anything. Sending warm chicken-noodle-thoughts your way:)
You should have asked her if she is a doctor or has ever played one on television!
Isn't it funny all the things you hear from non-medical people. Not they don't know anything, but gatorade, that is a first for this OB nurse. I recommend this for my hyperemis-gravida (for Gini) patients, even the gatorade popsicles. Hope you are all on the way to recovery. It is bad this year. I feel like family physician's nurse with all z-paks and ect. Love ya, Sheree
well, i never heard of the gatorade thing, but gini did send me an email about how nobody (pregnant and non-pregnant) should be taking robitussin... i'll have to send you the email.. there is something in it that can cause serious issues. sorry that some people think it's their business to be in yours! hope you all feel better soon.
Post a Comment