Sunday, February 10, 2008

THE BIG SWAP

This goes out to all the chicks that borrow,swap,exchange ...whatever you would like to call it. I first noticed this when a few of my friends here with girls swapped clothes for their girls....GREAT thought but there are no boys to share W's clothes with. This swapping went from clothes to cupcake holders....to craft items. Now for me its maternity clothes! I mean for those of you who do not a need for these yet...let me tell you they are overpriced! You will need everything from panties to new ....well everything and for a short period of time. When I was pregnant with W I was so fornutate to have a bunch of clothes given to me by some gals that were my size(that is the key..hehe) that were not having any more kiddos to share with me and then just told me to keep them!!! SCORE! WEll this time around I'm in a much more casual atmosphere at work so I was in need of the same style digs. I was given a HUGE loot of clothes to share....what a blessing. Some people that I asked to borrow things either are not into that or are not willing to be a part of this secret society. BOY you don't know what you are missing out on. I mean my sweet neice has the most awesome clothes ....cause her sweet mommy shares...and she in turn gets bins and bins of clothes shared with her little girl! Its such a great deal going on here in G-Vegas.
Now that I'm expecting another boy Iam so grateful that babyJ's bday will be somewhere around 2-3 weeks of BIG brothers bday....same season....THANKS GOD! I just have to get some of those bins down and start investigating. I hope I don't find them with old BARF stains...but T$ and theEDGE's mom says I can get those old stains out with Oxy Clean...hope so!
I guess my point here is sharing/swappping is a great way to save some $$$ and help your friend out! LIFE is expensive and I have found that by sharing a bit helps out MAJOR$$$

4 comments:

It's a Mom Thing said...

true dat!

so....are you saying you're about to loan me all of your maternity clothes?

ha!

Anonymous said...

Girl you can come over any time and we can share....the only problem is the good loot does not start till SPRING---until then you will see me in the same 4 outfits! HAHAHAHA

Outnumbered! said...

I would love to trade maternity clothes, but I don't know anyone my size. I borrowed some stuff from my friend who is smaller than me and I have almost outgrown the stuff that she wore at 9 mos.

Shelby said...

Okay, I'd love to share maternity clothes with you (and Miriam who already asked) BUT, I sold most of my in garage sales AND, I'm embarrassed to say that unfortunately, I can still wear some of the ones I kept! AGH! That is a horrible thing to admit, but true. As for boy clothes, I've given most of those away too and the ones I have left, I'm giving to Gini for her little new boy coming soon. However, I was privileged to be given tons of clothes from friends and my other SIL when Stone came along AND I had a friend to give me some of her maternity clothes who didn't need them back cause they were "done" having kids. So yeah, I agree, it's a good club to be part of!!