I am sitting here as people walk by and I thought to myself..."GOSH do they know how hard and fast they are walking?" " I mean ...man do they know how loud they are?" then of course I laughed to myself thinking back to a time when I was younger.
We lived in a 2 story house growing up ...well till I was in the 6th grade. We owned the house and there are some stories I can tell you about people who rented from us...but that might have to be another post. ANYWHO ...we lived on the top floor and my dad finished the attic so we actually had a 2 story in a 2 story pretty cool huh? Looking back I can remember so many GREAT memories from that house. Well the top floor was like a den/family room with a bathroom a HUGE walk in closet and two bedrooms one for my brothers and one for me and my sister dance floor and ballet bar included on one wall(My dad ROCKS as a fixer upper)
Well as you can imagine with 4 kids running around or fighting with eachother(can you even imagine that??) It got pretty loud up there. Frequently my parents would make all 4 of us sit on the couch( the ugliest 70's couch you have ever seen) as they would head upstairs and proceed to jump off furniture..yell at eachother...bounce balls and run back and forth. WHY did they do this?? To show us how loud we were and how awful it sounded downstairs!!! Can you even imagine how much fun they had thinking of ways to make noise? I think they probably laughed the whole time doing it and had to get them selves together before entering the living room to lecture us on how loud we were....if they only knew that we were dying downstairs thinking how dumb they were...Today I thought it was HILARIOUS.......! My parents did the funniest things to raise us...I hope W thinks we are funny one day and that he realizes you have to be creative to get these kiddos attention.
***RANDOM SIDE NOTE***
Just today I made a flyer for the middle school students about how they can text in to find out what is going on in the ministry????? W had a computer class last week and nows tells us the things he can do on daddy's "puter"......Its starting to FREAK me out. I shared with the girls that when I was in 4th grade all I wanted to know was "where in the world Carmen San Diego was" I guess I have to lot to learn about this generation of TECH kids we are raising!
****back to the story at hand***
So what kinds of things did your parents do to get your attention??

not quite the ugliness of our couch but close
3 comments:
That is hilarious. I just imagine your parents up there giggling as they storm around.
You are hilarious, and from what I hear so is Jordan. So, how can W not think his parents are funny, fun, and great. I love that your parents did that! That sounds like something J and I might do one day. We love acting a fool and being loud, especially if it is then considered parenting.
Hey girl! We have a blog now too! newsomenotes.blogspot.com I hope you're doing well! Things are pretty crazy here and sleep is in short supply, but overall life is good! Love you guys!
~Michelle
Post a Comment