
One of of the best 4th of July events of my LIFE was on Nantucket listening to the Boston Pops play LIVE! It was fabulous...glad I didn't have to foot that bill...we had 2nd row seats and the food and drinks were flowing! Aghhhh to be young again!
I think that we live in a country that is full of freedom. The one that I think I have taken for granted ...mainly because I live in a a bubble is my right to express that I am a Christian. I have taken a step back over the past few weeks to really think to myself if I use this freedom to its fullest??? DO I? UHHH NO would be the answer.
I have had the privilege of sitting and listening to my SIL Kelley and listen to her share about her time living in a country that was so dark and she has challenged me to be a better follower of CHRIST. She has challenged me to take a look at my life and to be thankful for the many ways that the LORD has blessed each and everyone of us! So this 4th I will not fret over the decorations or the right color red shirt(which there is one by the way).....I will be thankful for the freedom that I have in Christ and my plans to use it in the future years to come.
***I also plan on eating alot of that crazy shaved ice peach stuff at the Reid's party...but that is for another post. Enjoy your vacation day!
1 comment:
yummmm....shaved ice peach stuff....you definitely had to "be there." have fun. i hate that we're missing it this year. tell everyone hello!
Post a Comment