(J,Jason, and Burley.....the last time they were all together)I have been trying to sit down and blog about the last week and all that has happened but everytime I do I just don't have the words. Tonight J and I were talking about the first song that was played at the memorial service for our friend Jason that we lost this last week.....
Weak and wounded sinner Lost and left to die
O, raise your head, for love is passing by Come to Jesus Come to Jesus Come to Jesus and live!
Now your burden's lifted And carried far away And precious blood has washed away the stain,
so Sing to Jesus Sing to Jesus Sing to Jesus and live!
And like a newborn baby Don't be afraid to crawl And remember when you walk Sometimes we fall...so Fall on Jesus Fall on Jesus Fall on Jesus and live!
Sometimes the way is lonely And steep and filled with pain So if your sky is dark and pours the rain, then Cry to Jesus Cry to Jesus Cry to Jesus and live!
O, and when the love spills over And music fills the night And when you can't contain your joy inside, then Dance for Jesus Dance for Jesus Dance for Jesus and live!
And with your final heartbeat Kiss the world goodbye Then go in peace, and laugh on Glory's side, and Fly to Jesus Fly to Jesus Fly to Jesus and live!
I am at a loss for words when I wonder if I should list all the funny things or the special moments that we shared with this very best friend of my husband. We have so many unanswered questions...but do I really want to know why? I am not sure if I do. All I know is that Jason is with Jesus! PRAISE GOD! He gets to be in the glory of the Father and hold our babies that someday we will meet. He is not in pain and he is not alone anymore. I am not sure of what else to say but to leave you with the conversation between J and W the other morning:
"Daddy are we still sad about Mr. Jason?"
"No, son we are not sad we are happy that Mr. Jason is with Jesus"
"Okay...everything is going to be okay now Daddy!..."
Interesting that our almost 3yr old had to reassure us that all is well when we are in the arms of Jesus.
3 comments:
Nothing like knowing Jesus and a good friend are loving on those who have gone before you. We continue to lift you guys up during this time of trial. Love you!
We are also praying for you. I have the paper you asked for. We will bring it next weekend unless you want me to mail it this week. Love you!
I think W's comment says a lot about what wonderful, Christian parents he has! We're praying for you!
Post a Comment