Thursday, March 29, 2007

The SOUTH has the sniffles......

A yellow haze of pollen descended on the Southeast in the past week, coating cars and porch furniture and making people miserable in one of the worst allergy seasons in years. Doctors are telling people with stuffed-up noses and itchy, watery eyes to spend more time indoors if they can.
Atlanta's pollen count hit 5,499 particles per cubic meter of air Monday, the highest so far this season and the fourth highest in the 12 years that the Atlanta Allergy and Asthma Clinic has been keeping records. In South Carolina, the pollen count hit 4,862, according to the Allergic Disease and Asthma Center in Greenville.

Front headlines this morning......poor W...poor J and EXTRA poor Brooks! This morning on my trip to work I saw the breeze blowing the pollen right out of the trees! GEt Ready J&K for a fun year adjusting back to the place Pollen and allergies like to call HOME SWEET HOME!!!!

4 comments:

Annie said...

It is so bad! The wetlands behind our house is covered in a top layer of yellow. YUCK! Also, my black car looks green.
I think Hannah's allergies are bothering her b/c she has been a grump this week. My mom said she may have a sinus head-ache like I do.
Enjoy breathing in the fresh air in New England. :)

W and Js mommy said...

mmmmmm the fresh salty FREEZING cold air! I do love to breath it in---THere is a little coffee shop that opens at 5am for the fishermen in the village where my parents live...me and my mom are going to go and get coffee and cinnamon rolls --the deck overlooks the East Bay....I promise I will take pics

Kelley C said...

I'll trade you. it hit 100 degrees yesterday for the first time.

Have fun on your trip!

It's a Mom Thing said...

Poor Brooks. His nose just won't stop running.