
The heart of downtown..newly renovated in the last 10 yrs--a river walk that is lit with fire goes under and around the whole city...it is gorgeous...the city sister city to Venice complete with gondola rides in the summer

A taste of "Old" New England right downtown...one street will have these tall office buildings then the next street over will be like this...untouched from the early fishermen in the 1800's(this is right across the street from Brown University)

And lastly the First Baptist Church in America is in Providence...it is so neat surrounded by a little white picket fence in the middle of skyscrapers!
I LOVE ....LOVE ....LOVE New England in the spring...they are just starting to get to spring. Can't wait to eat some good pizza and chowdah! ITS WICKED COOL! See you next week
4 comments:
Beautiful pics.. i've always wanted to visit New England. Speaking of getting on a "puddle jumper" where the pilot seemed only 18, that HAS happened to me before.. I'll have to tell you in person, but I was quite nervous the whole flight!! And it happened on Christmas morning of all days!
We DO need to swap stories ....mine consisted of the pilot coming to get me from the terminal to say "looks like its just us...." to the plane ride "Hey Charlie...have not heard from you in a while...." I'm thinking why have they not heard from this guy in a while???? Was he in jail or like pilot prison??Topping it off with the plane being painted like a whale....I thought my mom was going to die when she saw me get off of it.....
Beth, I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip. The pictures are great.
I don't know how you guys survived on crazy plan trips. I hate to fly and am a nervous wreck even on the biggest, nicest plane with a respectable looking pilot. I hope you have a good flight this time!
I am looking forward to our lunch next wednesday.
OK, so when we vacationed with my parents in New England several years ago we spent a little time in Providence. Of course, my seminary-educated husband wanted to visit the first Baptist church. That dang church didn't open that day. We waited for the tour, we knocked on the doors, we called the number on the sign...nothing. BOO! But it was a beautiful (and hilly) town. We drove around Brown's campus and it was beautiful. Have fun!!! Can't wait til you get back. Maybe we can have a birthday lunch with some of the girls. We talked about it, at least.
Post a Comment