Thursday, March 03, 2011

Someone check to see if I'm still breathing

What the heck is going on? Are we really signed up to run a 5k? Did I just book airline tickets to Rhode Island for June? Are all my siblings and their children really going to be in the same place at the same time? Is my mother FREAKING out and sending me emails about not being able to sleep because her and my dad were up all night planning this? Is my sister crazy for thinking that we could all do this? Did my brother just ask if someone will be chasing us? HA Do we actually have our OWN facebook page/group? double HAA!!
ANSWER = YES
EXHALE.ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
So this all started with my sister emailing the 4 siblings and spouses yesterday about a race prior to a HUGE parade in my parents "village" of Pawtuxet, Rhode Island. You can read all about it here! Really this happens every year and the parade and race take place RIGHT in front of my parents house...RED-WHITE and BLUE lines down the middle of the street..I promise I would not make this up..lighting boat on fire at the end of the race and all! bahaaaaaa. My sister's challenge took off yesterday and throughout the night with facebook messages and emails..Ha this is really cracking me up or maybe I'm actually going crazy ..either way I'm pumped and excited. ONLY my sister and oldest brother's wife know that I'm doing WW so this will give me all the more reason to step this all up... I have a race to plan for......HAAAAAAAA

I plan on doing the Couch to 5k plan -- having Kelley and Michelle as my TOP running coaches! Oh and Jordan is NOT exempt from this but surprisingly enough he said " sounds fun...lets do this" yesterday on the phone. I can't tell you how excited and SCARED I am . I mean after all I used to watch the Boston Marathon when I lived there and am having flashbacks of people being carried off on stretchers or WORSE barfing and pooping in their pants from stomach pains..great that will totally be me.......well off to hydrate I have to start training on Monday--cue ROCKY music! HA

10 comments:

KLee said...

Awesome! What a fun trip with a great goal!

Double Dees in SC said...

I'm dying with laughter but am so proud of you! You will totally rock this!

Double Dees in SC said...

Wait - let me clarify. I'm dying of laughter because of your poop reference, not the goal. I'm so excited for you!

Laura said...

haha - laughing at the pooping comment as well - AWESOME!!!!!!!!! so proud

Outnumbered! said...

Good for you! Can't wait to hear all about it!!

The Halbert Home said...

You're not going to throw up from running 3 miles! I try to run first thing in the morning (before Sophie) when my tummy was empty so I didn't get side stitches.

It's a Mom Thing said...

i'm excited for you and your whole family. what a blessing to be together. bring on the ribs!

everytime i see you, i'll just start seeing I'm Every Woman...It's All In Meeee.... You know, to pump you up.

Kelley C said...

How exciting! You almost inspire me to find another race to train for. Almost.

Sometimes I'd look at the Couch to 5k program and think there's no way I'll be able to do that! But every week I did and I ran my first 5K in 29:33 so it WORKS!

I'm excited that you get to be with your whole family. What a special time.

sljabc said...

So awesome! See you there!

Jessica said...

Super fun!!! My BFF helped a friend do this exact 5K training program and he's having great results. You can do it and you'll have so much fun with your family.