Tuesday, October 12, 2010

OH these boys...

Today I bolted into Jay's room because of the screaming that was coming from in there I got scared that the barf had made its way back to him.
Me: Jay honey what is wrong. Mommy is here
Jay: I'm sad
ME: Why are you sad do you want to come downstairs with me and brother?
Jay: I sad cause I want a ice cream sandwich for bret-fest

Older brother William is a random facts guy these days between things he watches on TV with his daddy(Man vs Wild) and his sponge of a brain with the things he is reading in books.
William: Mom did you know that a cheetah can run as fast as 80mph on the highway
Mom do you think its crazy that Columbus thought that America was India and that is why he called the people Indians? Uncle Jonathan lived in India...that is where Kiran was born. She speaks English like us though....right? LONG PAUSE
Mom did you know that our bodies are made up of mostly water...is that why we have to go to the bathroom so much? 6yr old chuckle
Mommmmyyyyyyyyyyyyy can I have a $1 I have been such a good brother and friend and I really want some pencil grips.
ALL OF THIS SAID IN ONE BREATH!
I think that if both of them didn't talk all the time we would not have anything to laugh about later on in the day. Sometimes in my car between daycare and the church I drive in the silence and smile about how sweet they are.....how smart they are....what a blessing they are to me and Jordan. YES there are CRAZY days where I think if they talk anymore or scream the loudest most high pitched scream(jay) I might lose it...but you know it all goes away when I see them loving eachother or listening to them pray for eachother.

WE ARE BLESSED.....YES WE ARE BLESSED and I know that there will be those days but I am so thankful that God gives me quiet time to be thankful and pray for them. It is an honor to be thier mommy.

5 comments:

The Burleys said...

Ohhhh, Jay! I'd love to have an ice cream sandwich for breakfast, too! ;)

So sweet. Being a mommy is the greatest. We are very blessed to have our precious children! Love you!

Jessica said...

Those moments of quiet reflection are the best - gives us a chance to process all the crazy wonderfullness of Mommyhood. And consider letting J have that ice cream for breakfast. Hey it's calcium just like milk - right?! ;-)

Kelley C said...

Kiran speaks English...right??? Hahahaha best line since "the other Owen?"

Double Dees in SC said...

Random facts guy! Hilarious. The Way of Boys is really helping me to see just how these boys are built and - WHEW! - what an eye opener! Definitely blessed FO SHO! :)

Catherine said...

Jay can come visit me in Columbia. I have ice cream sandwiches. They're mini ones, so he can have TWO!!! :) Also, it's probably sad to say, but I believe William could definitely one-up me a couple of times in the history/geography area.

First time comment even though I've kept up for a little while now! See you around TFBC when I come to visit!
~Catherine (McLeod)