CHURCH What it is. What it isn't and what I think GOD has to say about it.
First and foremost this is after all MY blog and I can say what I want right?? So these are my opinions. If you get your feelings hurt...um I'm sorta sorry. This is something I have been feeling and thinking for a long time. I was sitting here thinking I could say all sorts of things like " YOU can feel that way and its okay" or " I still love you even though we think differently" But you know what that would be making excuses for my convictions and I'M SICK OF DOING THAT.
America defines church as a place to go get filled up for the week and feel good about being a not so bad person so that we can live our lives out in this world and maybe if we are lucky make to heaven. Hmmm not so bad if you think about it: Don't kill anyone, don't cheat in any form, be NICE(whatever that means) and don't rock the boat(one of Jesus' favorite past times). Is that you? Is church a place where you go and feel all warm and loved because the music is okay or you really like the people of which you don't know cause you DON'T serve? Is church a place we go because its good for the kids even though we are the ones they are watching? Do you go to church because we live in the south and well ...who doesn't go to church WE are Baptist right..that is what we do. We go to church , eat, talk about and complain about the staff and what the body of believers is doing to make it a living breathing community and yet we find all sorts of things to complain about. Are you serving?? oh right NO cause you have been there DONE THAT ...done your time...right?! WRONG
The word "church" is not found in the Old Testament. It is a New Testament word and a New Testament institution. The Greek word for church is "ekklesia" = that which is called out. That is the only word for church in the whole Bible.
What its supposed to be: A place where as a body of believers we come together to build eachother up by prayer and biblical teaching to further GOD's kingdom. Its a place that we invest in the next generation and make SURE that they are on board this adventure. Do you recognize that place? I do. I live it everyday with ministers who are on their knees so much they have worn the carpet...literally. I live and breath the life of our church and know the planning and the time spent seeking God's face. I see the heartache that one complaint from someone who doesn't trust that and seek that too. I see heartache when as a body of believers we are NOT in unity with His plans. You see when we are not in UNITY we are causing others to miss out on God's blessings for each and everyone of our families. YES that means you too and your children. I see the vision that is set in each of their futures and its awesome. Want to see that too? Invest in a ministry area to serve.God may be calling you to do that and you have a list a mile long of why nots. Lets talk cause I have them too but that is disobedience.Something I do not want a part of anymore I know what it can do to you and its ugly. I want to see our church for what it is and that is ALIVE. Isn't that awesome ALIVE with young families that crave to see HIS FACE with each new step. ALIVE with new faces in the kingdom. IN order to live along side we need to seek out people and places that may not be in our bubble. Is that hard? you better believe it hard I live in the ultimate bubble I WORK in a bubble. Its safe and protected. We stop and pray. It is not uncommon to turn a corner and see several coworkers in prayer at any given point in the day. Want to know what they are praying for? YOU! I know that is not how most people approach an outside world job. Here is where I struggle the most neighbors. Do we really know our neighbors?The answer for our family is a big fat NO. Its something we strive for and are working at. I am blessed with a husband who is growing each day but not on his own. I thank GOD for his bible study and what growth has done for Jordan over the past year. I thank God for a group of committed men/ dads that want to see their families thrive.
With all of this said I come to church not out of obligation but with excitement of what I will learn. I go to this place I call home in my heart to worship ...really worship close my eyes and seek HIS FACE. I bring my children there to learn from dedicated teachers that have been called by GOD to serve. I don't bring them or my family there out of obligation. I can't imagine ever feeling that way. I am filled with joy when I see others worship it blesses me. We want the boys to learn NOT to sit through church and pat ourselves on the back that we made it 45 mins and didn't have to take anyone out we want them to see us and those around us worship we want them LIVE it. they can because we will teach them that worship is an honor and a privilege. We want them to be excited to go to GOD's HOUSE.
SO if you attend Taylorsfbc get excited- Be "ALL IN" - share your LOVE Story. Be United for God and for Greenville. Watch what He is doing.
6 comments:
Shew! Preach it sista!
Awesome! Just awesome! Proud of you - you hit it right on!
I LOVE IT. I can't think of anything other than, I love it. AMEN!
Church=the people.........I am about to go run.........you are taking lessons from AES!!!!
You have spoken the truth in love, my friend.
I hope God will help us all say I'M ALL IN!
great post. after living in the south all my life, it was interesting to move to Hawaii. it's not the norm to go to church there like it is here. my youth kids were typically one of very few of their classmates that go to church. it's so different than it is here but at the same time i felt like people went to church for the right reasons over there. here in the south, so many are going for the very reasons you stated and that's wrong. so all that to say i agree with you.
Post a Comment