Thursday, January 07, 2010

Funny Parenting

First of all I want to thank all of you for praying for my family during this scary time. Most of you know that my dad is home from the hospital. WOOT So happy for him and my mom. He will return to for the ablation surgery on the 22nd.

J and I were talking over the past several days about how if you didn't laugh sometimes at your children's expense then you would just not be a fun parent. There are times that W & J say or do things that they may not think is down right hilarious but we just roll laughing at them. I say that lightly since W is a VERY sensitive 5yr old so we tread lightly at laughing in front of him. We save the reenactments for when they are both in bed. HA

Lately with the stress of the hustle and bustle we call Life we have each said or did things in front of the boys that the other has literally rolled out of a seat laughing at or giggled till we busted out. Its in times like these that I thank GOD for a funny husband. Whewww over the past several years if it weren't for his ability to make me laugh out loud at my self then I really would have a boring life. Now there are the times I don't think he is very funny but later on in the privacy of my bedroom I think back and smile. Here are a few things that are #1 for both of us on the " repeat and make fun of the other list"

We were driving home from a meal after church last weekend which is about the time for both boys to rest and W was being especially cranky and most talkative. Jordan is usually pretty calm but in a very loud voice he called to W in the backseat " W just CHEER out" bahaaaaaaa he obviously meant to say chill out. Well I have to tell you that I was trying with everything that was in me to hold it back but I just couldn't so in my best SNL cheering motion I raised my hands with spirit fingers and said " CHEER OUT" haaaaa well we both laughed for about an hour. Every time we passed each other for the rest of the day. Ha I love him but that is awesome finally I got him back YES.

Mine was a little while back I was sick of W not using his utensils that were placed right in front of him. We are really trying to teach J to use a spoon and thought if saw his brother eating with his hands then why would he want to try. So I said " W listen you have a fork...use it. We use a fork to fork our food and fork it and eat it." I looked across the table to a very confused Daddy and 2 sons staring at me and they both busted out laughing. HA So now when anyone asks for a fork J so nicely says " you fork your food with a fork" great thinking I won't live that one down to easily.

So I guess the point here is laugh at eachother its good for you!!

6 comments:

The Rollins Family said...

Ya'll are HILARIOUS!

Double Dees in SC said...

LOL. Fork your food. That could really come out wrong if you're not careful. :)

Anonymous said...

Haha. I am so glad that your dad is home! What was the problem?

Jessica said...

HAH!!! How many times can you get the word fork into one sentence?!?! Nothing better than a good laugh, thanks for sharing yours:-)

Joyful Pilgrims said...

Loved your fork story! That is hilarious!!

Know we are praying for your dad, mom and your family. So glad that he is home.

The Rollins Family said...

Forgot to tell you that J is in the lead for MC's hand in marriage.