Friday, October 16, 2009

Sky Top

We had a great time last Saturday going to Sky Top orchard in Flat Rock, NC with our Life Group. It was a cold and overcast morning but we decided that we needed to play it by ear and check it out. I spent many weekends as a child going to apple picking with my family in CT. J had the whole wknd to spend with me and the boys so wanted to make the most our time together. When we arrived the cold air almost took my breath away. I thought to myself...um yeah I have everything packed even a fun family lunch but no coat or sweatshirt for me or little J. Thankfully this sweet family was a little behind us and stopped to get him a warm sweatshirt. I will never ever complain about all those Dollar Generals on every corner again! HA



Family shot after our trek to get some good Fuji's. Please notice the CRAZY hair(from the nice cold mist) and Jingle Jam shirt which was in the back of my car.
chasing daddy to add to our stash

pays to have a husband that is over 6ft to get the real good ones


so proud of his very first pick



is this child labor?? W would climb all the way to the top and we directed him to the biggest juiciest Fujis



before they arrived with the sweatshirt wearing a towel as a blanket! HA
A fun time was had by all. When we decided to call it quits J took W to stand in the hot apple cider doughnut line and I headed to the Hot cider and Cider Slush line. YUMMY. Within 10 mins of being in the car both boys were asleep. Ahhhh nothing like a little cold mountain air to help a good nap along.






3 comments:

Double Dees in SC said...

What fun pictures! I hate that we had to miss it.

Caroline said...

S was sitting w/ me when I looked at this post and she saw the pic of Jay in the stroller and kissed him on my computer screen. So sweet! We know she has good taste:)

Jessica said...

Isn't it great that we have such fun family activities so close by?! Your boys are adorable!