Friday, March 27, 2009

Rain Rain go away

Sorry I get that the flowers,grass and lakes need this rain but lets face it makes me want to NAP! In the past I didn't have such a vested interest in the weather but when you have a little person that seems to unravel with each passing day stuck inside I tend to turn the channel toward weather a lot.

I am headed out this afternoon on a Women's Retreat and I can not even begin to tell you excited I am. They hold this retreat time every yr and it seems that over the past few years I have had something or someone keeping me put here in GVEGAS. I have been asked to lead a breakout prayer session. REALLY?? ME?? Don't they know I cry all the time...I cry when others cry and I don't even have to know why. I am honored and blessed. I received the names of the women in my group and about passed out. HELLO the speaker is in my group? WHAT? So really if you are reading this please pray that this will be all about HIM and not about me. Pray that I can help others come together to see why GOD has brought them this weekend. Pray that I will find rest and peace being away from my sweet boys all 3 of them. Wouldn't you just know that little J never cries when I leave him at daycare and YES this morning I could hear him all the way down the hall. How do kids know sense these things? W on the other hand said he was super excited to eat pancakes(hope Papa makes some) and "swim" in Mimi's tub...waved and said bye!
ON a completely different note- Me and my awesome J have been in such deep prayer for our friends and family lately. We have seen first hand how this economy has really taken a toll on the lives of those we hold close and it is a little unsettling. WE see that it can affect marriages and put strain over relationships. We are clinging to the Father's hope. I have said in the past that working at the church has such highs and lows. We hear about things that most do not and I really feel such a burden for the people that I am allowed to come in contact with. I have started to make lists of phone conversations I have so I can pray for people that are hurting from job loss, marital issues, parenting issues, financial issues, health of family members and burdens so deep that some are really ready to give up. In the past I have looked at this as a burden myself but now know it is an honor to be able to pray and to lift these friends/family up in times of need when they might not be able to even cry out to Him. A ministry in itself and I am so grateful.

4 comments:

Double Dees in SC said...

Have a wonderful weekend!! You deserve it!!

Anonymous said...

You're going to do great! You + Me= Lunch SOON!

The Burleys said...

Hope you have a great weekend and come back refreshed! Love you!

Anonymous said...

You are sooo awesome. They picked the right person for the prayer session...you know the POWER OF PRAYER and how it has worked for you and your family!! Girl...I know why you cry..you have sooo much compassion for others!!!! Thank you for caring so much and taking needs before the Lord, we need more people that way! Thanks for challenging us all to seek the Father more on other's behalf and not just our own! "What you make happen for others; God will make happen for you"...through prayer!! Love you...have an awesome restful weekend!