Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year

I wanted to tell all of you Happy New Year. You know how the Chinese calendar has the year of the (fill in the blank) well this year in our house is the year of HOPE! I'm sure that you have heard me say this before...If we had a girl I was really going to try and work that name in somehow...HOPE. (Kelley you have no IDEA what your gift meant to me) AS I type this I am overwhelmed with the events of the past year: new additions,losses, new friendships, old friendships renewed(thanks facebook). I am amazed how GOD has continued to bless me and my family. I usually don't talk too much about what is going in our lives and sometimes I think that is a BAD thing. I think that if people knew who WE(me and J) really are in our walk and where we have been alone and together on this journey then I often think "Would they see us ..would you see us for something more than what you do?" It is our goal to share with people where God has taken us and where we believe He is taking us. It is our 2009 resolution(I hate to use that) to share more and see how HE works in that.
I am so blessed with family and friends that want so much from life. I work at a place that can be overflowing in JOY and the very next minute I hear of terrible sadness first hand. People want to share with us and at the drop of a hat..all of us have to be ready to listen and pray. WOW am I really ready for that? Am I prepared for that? This is a calling on my life that I had to hear someone else say that to me..for it to become a reality in my heart. A CALLING! I am part of a wonderful ministry here at the church. I am blessed to be able to share my story with others. AM I READY?? AM I PREPARED?? AM I FED? AM I willing to share these things? I don't know. I guess I need to look and see if I am prepared?? PLEASE PRAY For me to be prepared!Pray for me to study harder than I ever have...Pray for me to be ready for each new day

2009 is a year that I see GREAT things in my life and family. WE are looking at the future to see what HE holds for us. Does that include you? I sure hope so. Its a wild ride we live on ..but we(me & J) are ready for HIS will for us...we are ready to share and ready to make a difference in the lives of our friends and family.
Did we have a GREAT Christmas at the beach?? You have no idea how we laughed and shared and LOVED eachother enough to say " WE NEED TO BE THE PEOPLE HE WANTS US TO BE" WE NEED TO BE THESE PEOPLE FOR OUR BOYS and for our families. YES the beach was wonderful.. GOD showed up and we are ready(not really prepared) for all HE has for us.
My boys ALL 3 of them are my world and I am so amazed at His unending GRACE. I am so undeserving of the friends and family He blesses me with. Today Brooke at work shared this with me. For those of you who know her story it touches my heart every time I hear her pray. Out of terrible loss she shared the lyrics to this song and it was her prayer for ME??? I am telling you I pray that you all have a person in your life like Brooke. I think I am going to hang this at my desk, on the fridge and basically anywhere to remind me of the Grace that covers me.
Amazing Grace How sweet the sound
Amazing Love Now flowing down
From hands and feet That were nailed to the tree
As Grace flows down and covers me
It covers me
It covers me
It covers me
And covers me

2 comments:

Double Dees in SC said...

Powerful words, sista!! Happy New Year to you and your family!! Love ya!

It's a Mom Thing said...

Girl, you are FIRED UP! Preach it!!!