Monday, November 24, 2008

Sweet Mommy times

J is away through Wednesday and so I have had many bonding moments over the last few days with the 2 boys. I am so grateful that I have a VERY well behaved 4yr old that will have "quiet time" ALONE in his room so that I can get some things done. This weekend it was taking care of his sick little brother. Bless his little heart....hoping we have turned a corner. I have cherished the moments I have with them to myself lately. I have watched them sleep(yes Iam doing that again) I think it is the sweetest thing to see them so peaceful. We have had family stories at night...I think that little J loves to read with us. He just looks and watches as we turn the pages. I love to have them both on my lap as I read to them. Last night for the first time I put them in the bath together. It was one of those times where having a camera probably would have been a good memory maker. I DID NOT have a camera upstairs. So I sat in there while they made eachother laugh and splash. NOT quite sure why I thought trying to do that while J was away was a good idea? I'm crazy.

Both boys have been a little under the weather and so I think we (me and J) have prayed and prayed over their little sleeping bodies so much lately. I am so grateful for their lives.

We are excited about my brother, sister in law(pregnant with #5) and their 4 girls to arrive late tomorrow afternoon. I have a very special place in my heart for this brother and his wife. I truly believe if it was not for their constant prayers over me in high school that I would not be alive today. I can say that with all honesty...THEY SAVED MY LIFE as they led me to find my relationship with my Savior Jesus Christ. I sometimes think back to the times that I wanted to push them away and they never let me. I am excited to share my life with them even if its just for a few days. Being around them renews my spirit. I am so grateful to have the relationship that I have with them. FAMILY that is what it is all about. To have people know you-- truly KNOW who you are and care enough to ask and pray for you daily. Since I don't get to see my family often I cherish so much the times that I can share with them.

My "family" here has offered their house up for them to stay while they are here...we are so thankful!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!

1 comment:

Kelley C said...

did they find out what baby #5 is?