Friday, September 19, 2008

Why 4yr olds are funny...at least in our house

SO it seems that alot of our attention has been placed on little J these days. We do have another child. We do LOVE our other child. I guess lately its that #2 has so much going on that those are the stories I share. Poor kid! I always thought being the youngest made you get the boot in certain areas...UH like there are hardly any pictures of me and I was not allowed to take dancing cause ...well my sister sucked at it...but I'M NOT BITTER(jk)



I decided to share some funny things that our W has been up to. He absolutely loves his new school. I think the structure is amazing for him. They really have been learning so much. Amazing what their little minds can absorb. He is learning all about numbers. How they are spelled what they look like and sequencing of that number in groups of things. He learns a new state each week. ALL ABOUT THAT state! They also are learning the books of the bible, a weekly bible verse, a French,Spanish and American sign language word each week! I'm impressed. Since this new school is a little bit longer of a commute in the morning(CURSES HAMMETT BRIDGE) we have had some great little conversations. Some about GOD...some about his brother and some about playing I SPY.



W: "I spy someone who lives in our house...he is little ...his name starts with J"

Me: "UMMMMMMMM your brother?"

W: "Yeah HI-5 Mommy ...awesome job"

Me"I spy something that is yellow and takes big kids to school"

W: "A Bus"

W" I Spy...something that is white ...lives at the south pole....".

Me: "Right now ...you see this?"

W:"Well ...no but its a hard one and I want to win this game"


W:"Mommy where is ______?" You name it from people to cities...to football teams

ME or J: give the answer

W: " Oh yeah I know this" ( as if he was asking us just to make sure we knew it too)
Finally I am so glad that a few years back we decided to get some SEEDS Family worship CDS. I know in my heart these have guided us as a family to learn more scripture. I love with all my heart to hear W quote scripture in the backseat. On that same subject I have asked a few friends and family members about discipline books. One of them is parenting with scripture. I LOVE IT! It gives you great examples of things in children's lives that may come up and the scripture promise that GOD has for that situation. It is a great way to show W that God has a plan for everything in his life. My plan is to make him repeat back to us what God says about it! I also would like to read "Creative Correction" by Lisa Welchel. I have heard good things...any thoughts on that one? As always with any books I say take what you feel as the mom is relevant to your child and use that...then take the rest with a grain of salt.

5 comments:

Kelley C said...

Parenting with Scripture is the book our church gave us on Sunday when we dedicated Sienna.

KLee said...

Who's it by? Sounds good.

tug-tugandnor-nor's mommy said...

Amanda has read and gone through "Creative Correction" and she said it was awesome. Highly recommended. Gotta love 4 year olds!!!! They keep us laughing that's for sure.

Anonymous said...

creative correction is by Lisa Welchel(blair from facts of life)

Amanda said...

Did you get the Parenting with Scipture book already? My bad..I did see it on Amazon..4got to tell you...anyway...love it!!