Thursday, June 19, 2008

1 week old and full of firsts

Today our little J is one whole week old! WOW what a week. The 2nd time around you sure do have a different perspective on things. I can enjoy him and not think he is going to break. I think of how tired I was and how much I slept with Big Brother. I mean I realize we have much more going on so the luxury of just hanging out is not really there....HOWEVER I have and its GREAT! Hubs has been home this whole week and it has been wonderful. Have I mentioned how much I love this man? He is the BEST! He has been so awesome with Big Brother and Little J! He has done laundry, helped organize and shopped for groceries. He has stayed up with me so that we can get little J on a routine. He has made me laugh when I wanted to cry ! WE have sat together and looked at our new baby boy and just shared this week to be quiet with eachother! It has been sooooooooooo great!
Little J's jaundice levels have come down so now we are just waiting for the yellow eyes to disappear. We have to go back for a followup/weight check in the morning. Looking at him I swear his cheeks look chubbier to me! We will have to see if he is up to birth weight I think he is!

We are also waiting for 2 of our other couple friends to welcome their 2nd babies into this world and funny enough they are also boys! We are praying for you girls...your hubbies and the big sister and big brother!! Its exciting times...and hey you 2 got a break in the weather! :)
SO here is a list of J's first week "firsts"
first bath...mainly because there was POOP all over him
first trip to Target
first trip to Monterrey-HAHAHAHA
first trip to meet Mr. Marvin (Daddy's barber)
First time in Bilo
and last but certainly not least FIRST TRIP to Mimi & Papa's house!
We love you our sweet little boy!
I don't know how nicknames start..but I have a few for Big Brother like princie and bonkie! don't ask those are just names that have stuck. So far with Little J I can't for some reason stop calling him my pumpkin..so I'll let you know if that sticks. Big brother already just calls him Buddy. Isn't that so sweet!

7 comments:

Outnumbered! said...

Aw! Congrats on your week of "firsts"! I can't wait until next week when I am holding my baby boy in my arms! :)

I am praying for you guys! :)

The Burleys said...

Considering the boys he is named after, I'm sure we could come up with a few totally appropriate nicknames for this little one! :) Jason has a nickname for Camryn that he just started calling her out of the blue and it stuck! Can't wait to see you guys again. We love you!

It's a Mom Thing said...

So glad y'all had a nice week despite the jaundice. And I'm glad he's getting better.

Funny...both of our kid's first trips out of the house (besides the doc office) were to Target. Just something about that place!

tug-tugandnor-nor's mommy said...

I am so proud of you for getting out and about. That is great!!! And you have already had Mexican??!!! We are having withdrawals around here, no place in PA.

Michelle said...

I'm so glad to hear that things are going well... I wish we were closer so we could bring you a meal or something. We love you guys!

~The Newsome's

Ginny Williams said...

yeah!!! we saw your sweet husband this morning and we send our best -- I'm so glad J's doing better and that you're doing well too! We'll call and visit soon!

Annie said...

Hey,
We are coming to Greenville Saturday morning for a wedding. We want to come see your sweet boy. I wasn't sure if you get your work e-mail now, that is why I am leaving a comment here. Let me know when is good for you. Love ya!