Sunday, February 17, 2008

Just like the boys on the Boulevard

Today I watched my 1st born and my hubs watch the beginning of the Daytona 500! Now some of you may be in shock that this goes on in my house...well you obviously don't know the history of my sweet hubs college days. J and his roomates(of whom our 2nd will be named all 3 of them) would watch and go to as many Nascar races as possible from early Feb- the summer months. So today as I watched J explain to W what was going on ...I got a little sentimental remembering those guys go crazy over these races. One time I actually went with them to Bristol TN. I know shocked......it was FUN...great people watching and being one of the "guys" for the day was lots of fun too! I don't really know why I think its so interesting....there is just something about it. J also introduced me to Nascar 360(a few yrs back) I loved reality TV about these young guys and their wives. It was hilarious. WE have kinda left the Nascar scene for a while since our sweet friend Jason(the biggest NASCAR fan of them all) passed away this spring, didn't seem the same. So watching W and J was kinda bittersweet to me.
Just in case you think I'm weird and there might not be anyone else you know that enjoys to watch the occasional race!!!! ??? Let me tell you that This chick can tell you all about it too! Never before I met J would I have sat and watched but now I think its fun!

**** Another 1st tonight W asked me for some of the Oreo pudding at the store...since he was such a good boy all day on saturday I told him he could have that treat. Tonight after we ate dinner he asked for his treat...I just sat there and watched him enjoy his yummo pudding. He just smiled and kept saying " thank you mommy...this is so yummy!" That is one sweet boy!

9 comments:

It's a Mom Thing said...

B and I call it "Neck-Car" because of all the rednecks who enjoy it...not saying that you or J are rednecks or anything. :)

Actually, T$ loves to watch "the racing cars" and we actually had the Daytona 500 on at our house for a while. Don't know what got her interested in it, but she likes what she likes.

Cute story about the pudding. Gotta love these little blessings!

The Burleys said...

Ohhhhhh those boys and their NASCAR. Those are sweet memories!!!

Caroline said...

Oh boy! Another female NASCAR fan! We should all get together and have a good ol' red neck time soon! I love watching "Neck-Car" and maybe T$ would like to join us too, M and B can come if they can refrain from choice southern name calling:)

Jonathan said...

Did he teach W how to throw a cooler? Or will that be passed on to the namesake?

Anonymous said...

I'm not so sure---was that a Jason Jones thing??? UGH I can see him sometimes in William and almost want to "cast" him out of my house!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA We pray that both boys will be like those guys and their Daddy---in some ways more than others! HAHAHAHA

Anonymous said...

I'm not so sure---was that a Jason Jones thing??? UGH I can see him sometimes in William and almost want to "cast" him out of my house!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA We pray that both boys will be like those guys and their Daddy---in some ways more than others! HAHAHAHA

Jonathan said...

Yes, rumor has it that it happened at Bristol one time. JJ was known to get "frustrated".

Ginny Williams said...

AWESOME!! Did someone pull the wool over my eyes, or was that REALLY a criteria for becoming a Williams??? Ah yes, I attended my first race early on in my relationship with Mark, and he reminds me to this day that I asked "Why don't they just open their door and get in instead of jumping through the stupid windows?!" And I'm only admitting that in the spirit of your blog entry ... I do have a fond hs memory of Jordan's 00 sticker on the back of his 4-runner. Ha! Not nascar though...

Shelby said...

Okay, you racing fans crack me up! Your and Caroline's stories make me laugh! As I said on her blog, I guess I can't be too critical though, seeing as how in college, I dated a guy who LOVED nascar too. And my own hubs will watch on occasion, even though he's not a die-hard fan. (I never did get the point of it.. I mean, if you're going to race and go that fast, at least get somewhere instead of going around in circles!! Let's see who can go across the country the fastest, or get to the mall the quickest, etc.)