Christmas Fun
So a dear friend tagged me and I thought it would be fun to share with you. and when you are done I EXPECT you to do this too so consider yourself tagged! Anne,Tobie,Kelley,Annie,Heather and Kelly P
Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends. Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE!!! Just copy this entire post and paste it into your own post. Change all the answers so that they apply to you. Then tag someone else!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both,I like bags for the kiddos the can get in easier
2. Real or artificial tree? We had real growing up and I have great memories of going in the snow to this great tree farm to get ours....however HUBS is deathly allergic so we enjoy our prelit--its up and lit in 5 mins...my kind of tree..besides you can always get a smelly candle to enjoy the smell
3. When do you put up the tree? Try the day after Thanksgiving
4. When do you take the tree down? Usually the 26th or so ..I like it down before New Years
5. Do you like eggnog? I don't hate it...its okay as long as the person making has not been drinking..:)
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I remember the year of the cabbage patch and the swatch watch....Oh and the year I got the Dorothy Hamil edition of ice skates I could not wait to go try them out. They were my first single blade skates.....I think I bruised a rib cause I thought I could do a triple axle...HAHAHA
7. Do you have a nativity scene? well sorta....I'm holding out that my hints on the NEW Willow Tree will pay off some year..so far now one has caught on to that being on my list
8. Hardest person to buy for? Inlaws-
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Really..I can't think of one..I guess that is a good thing
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Okay until recently I would say "The Christmas Movie" but last year J and I dubbed "Elf" as the frontrunner. I also have to say last year's Christmas date night we went to see the Nativity and it was AWESOME--I would like to own that one
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Anytime...when I see things that might work I pick it up
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Sure...:) Just got to be careful on that one
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? SHRIMP--of course that is if you can get any before my brothers hit the kitchen
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear/white
17. Favorite Christmas song? Oh Holy night.....but really All of them! I think hearing W sing them has made them all special
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? WE do both! Next year I don't care if I have one kid strapped on the front and the other on my back...I'm GOING HOME AND seeing SNOW next year
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? dasher,dancer,prancer,vixen,comet,cupid,donner,blitzen,RUDOLPH
20. What's on the tree top? My NEW tree topper-an old fisherman dressed in a blue suit holding an American flag. From my sister--she helps to keep me patriotic every year
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? When we were little we got to open one on Christmas eve. But now I say in the morning
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? THE MALL
23. Do you decorate your tree in any specific theme or color? THIS year my tree has finally come to its full THEME of patriotic/nautical! AND I LOVE IT! With a few special ornaments that my grandmother made for my hope chest. All four siblings have them so it is neat to see everyone tree with the same:snowflakes,skates and candycanes
24. What do/did you leave for Santa? Cookies and milk.Carrots for the reindeer
25. What were any traditions you had growing up? We always went to church on Christmas eve then headed home for a FEAST. I could usually bank on snow in the morning growing up in New England so as a child I can remember that to be magical. We also sang carols as my sister in law Val played the piano. (she started dating my brother when I was 8 so she is in most of my memories) I think now I enjoy that we have started some of our own traditions...like Roper Mnt lights with Mimi and Papa and making special Christmas treats with Mimi. This year I decorated their tree and LOVED every minute of it. J and I have GREAT friends that are like family to us so sharing some time over the holidays is a MUST. So that is always nice to look forward to. W is just getting to the age where he "gets it" so I know the years to come will be even more special. We also plan on singing Happy birthday to Jesus this year..I think we have done a good job so far to keep JESUS in the center of our Christmas.
Whewwwwwwwwwww can't imagine next year.. all I know is it will spent with my family and all the rest of the cousins so that will be nice!
3 comments:
Jordan is allergic to Christmas trees?!?
Yes he is
Don't worry about the Willow Tree...I hinted for 4 years before I got the WHOLE set from my hubs this year...and a set from my mom too!!! They didn't know the other one was buying it. :) Hope you get one this year!
Post a Comment