Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Having a little randomness is good for the soul!

So being pregnant is just interesting to me this time around. After 2 losses that were so different last year I have embraced this new adventure in a totally new "heart" way. I have had some GREAT friends that are in my bible study that have been praying for me...and my attitude to reflect that of the FATHER. I am so grateful to have friends who share with me how they have prayed specifically for things in my life. PTL! I will share if you ask me..but I feel that this is GOD's timing and His way of preparing me for this journey was through the bible study and events of this summer to fully trust in HIM that the desires of our hearts would be answered. It always amazes me that I hear people(and I was one of them too) "Oh I will get married and have babies and it will be so great....." whew if people only knew the heartache that comes when that is not a reality in your life. I think and pray that some day when I can get through it without losing it that I would like to share with couples and young married women how the LORD carried me and J through this time. So with that said ...I will share if you ask..but want to reflect of this GIFT and what the future holds.
Some people have been asking me do you want a boy or girl? WHAT??? REALLY?? I don't care one way or the other. I feel like I have this Boys Momma thing down pretty good. I mean I can tell you all about every John Deer tractor ever made and about any kind of dinosaur that ever roamed the earth. I see that my baby loves his momma and I have witnessed a love affair between my 2 favorite "boys" that I would never trade. So who knows either way I'm good. NOW I do have to say that if this baby is a girl...YES we are finding out!!! You will all need sunglasses when you hit my top step the room will be sooooooo bright! So really I'm good..THAT is the truth! Oh and one random fact that this baby will round out my parents grandchildren at an even 10---WOW!!! that is unless Sarah and Abraham(my brother and his wife) continue in the search for a boy.....with their 4 girls)
A friend emailed me yesterday to ask me what I would do with this blogs name. HMMMMMMMMMM that is a good question. J and I have discussed some options and may throw those out there at ya. I told my friend that maybe I might make up some sort of contest for a new name if we need to consider the addition of a girl. J and I have always said that when we add the 2nd that you go to "Man to Man defense" but that would attract some sketchy lurkers that I'm not ready for ..if you get my drift. :) We have always said that we would refer to our kids as "The Tribe" and if you can figure that one out you will have to win lunch on me or something....I am certain that the only one who reads this that might actually get that would be my brother in law or maybe one of the Burley crew.....so who knows over the next few weeks I might come up with a way for you to vote on a new blog name if needed.
Final note---Had a FAB time last night at our 1st Christmas bible study get together. There were alot of people that blow me away that I call friend....WOW Iam blessed! plus lots of preggos too..glad I can share this time with each of you...even if Nikki and Paula weren't there for the picture of all of us..and Lauren(where were you last night?)

4 comments:

Annie said...

You are going to make a GREAT mommy to a second boy or to a girl who DEMANDS to wear her Princess dress 24/7 (that's Hannah new thing)!
I love you!

Shelby said...

How about this for a blog name if you have a girl: "Just Me and 2 Boys and a Girl" HA ha ha ha ha ha!! Love you! Excited for you!

Anonymous said...

Beth, I am so excited about the new little life you are expecting and about all that the Lord has been teaching you. Reading your post and sensing your faith through your words was an encouragement to me this morning. Merry Christmas!

Parkison Family said...

I am so happy for you! I will be thinking about the possibility of a new blog title!