Last night we went with Mimi & Papa to see the Roper Mnt Lights(2nd year..I guess its going to be one of our traditions). W is at the PERFECT age for all the excitement that place holds. This year we found out by Mr. Greenville(aka Papa) that you could park and get out and walk through a certain part. COOL!!! We had so much fun and watching W's face was a memory to hold close forever. I watched him as he walked ahead of us with Mimi & Papa and held both of their hands talking a mile a minute, asking questions and commenting in his very matter of fact way at how pretty the lights were. THEN we came up to him.....Santa was there too....just sitting there by his(cardboard) sleigh waiting to ask little ones (and some old lady that I think was trying to pick him up..another story) what they wanted for Christmas. W walked right up and told him " Santa ...I just want a guitar...and a Taylor Swift CD...and that is all...Merry Christmas" and he walked away...it was the sweetest thing I have ever heard..the way he looked up at him with this amazement in his eyes. PRECIOUS and PRICELESS! What a fun tradition and what a fun night---AGHHHHHHHHHHHh I love it!
wondering why I called him Mr. Greenville? Well I have never met anyone that knows more about where we live than Papa does..all upcoming events...all the history...anything he is a walking tour guide--and can find parking anywhere around the surrounding cities---we joke about it..cause sometimes we think he makes stuff up...but I have fun listening to his stories and wait to hear what he has in store for us..we have done LOTS of cool things cause Papa has the lowdown on the cool stuff!
1 comment:
We went to go see the Roper Mountain Lights too, a while back. We "kidnapped" Mercy and took the both of them and we had a ball. They were also in "awe" of all the lights, but especially like the dancing snowflakes in the ampitheather part. I'm sure next year, they will be like William was this year... really into it. But you're right.. I so badly wanted to capture those moments on film, but it wouldn't have worked. Just had to enjoy the moment as it happened!
Post a Comment