Friday, December 14, 2007

...and now time to EXHALE


People notice there's a special glow around you.
You grow surrounded by love, never doubting you are wanted:

Only look at the pride and joy in your mother's and father's eyes,
and if sometimes between smiles there's a trace of tears,
one day you will understand

You will understand there once was a another child

a different child

who was in their hopes and dreams

That child will never outgrow the baby clothes

That child will never keep them up at night in fact,
that child will never be any trouble at all.
Except sometimes, in a silent moment,
When mother and father miss so much that different child.

May hope and love wrap you warmly and may you learn the lesson forever
How infinitely precious
How infinitely fragile
this life on earth is.

One day, as a young woman or young man
you may see another mother's tears ..another father's silent grief then you,
and
you alone will understand

And offer the greatest comfort.
When all hope is seems lost,
you will tell them with great compassion,
" I know how you feel.
I'm only here because
my parents decided to try again."

Baby C #2 arriving Mid June 2008
more to come...I promise I have so much to share on all my thoughts and feelings about this pregnancy. BELIEVE me when I tell you I have been on a rollercoaster...mainly hormonal! :) stayed tuned as the adventure unfolds

17 comments:

It's a Mom Thing said...

That was beautiful, Beth. Thanks for sharing. I look forward to what else you have to share with us. And I LOVE the pics. Party time with the babies this summer!!!

Rebecca said...

I love you Beth and I am so excited for you and your family. Thank you for sharing this tender poem with us. Although, I can not understand what you have been through over the past months, I am excited to join you in celebrating this new life that the Lord is knitting together, this very moment, to be a perfect addition to your family. HE IS FAITHFUL!

Kelley C said...

yea! We can't wait to hold our new niece or nephew!!!!

The Burleys said...

What an incredible answer to lots of prayers that we have this new little one on his/her way! And, wow - look at those FEET! Ha ha ha!
LOVE all FOUR of you!

Caroline said...

YAY, YAY, YAY!!! Love the poem!:)

Annie said...

I love the poem! You know I am SO very happy for you and Jordan! I love you.

KLee said...

Little E and this precious baby already have something in common! I am so thankful God has blessed you with another life to hold in your hands! What a time to celebrate!

Jonathan said...

So, are you thinking boy or girl?

Parkison Family said...

Beth, i got chills...i have been praying for you and i know God has done an awesome thing!!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to meet baby c #2!!!!! I love you.

Anonymous said...

We are very excited for Baby Caskey #2 and are so thankful to exhale that are prayers continue to be answered- I love you!

The 4 Pierces said...

We love all of you and cannot wait to meet this new addition!

LITTLE HOUSE ON THE CULDESAC said...

beth, you have such a beautiful heart...both of your children are blessed to have a mommy who loves so deeply

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you... God has answered your prayers! The ultrasound pics are beautiful- will you find out boy or girl? I hope you are feeling good!
Keep us posted- we have 5 weeks to go!

Love- Suz

Gini (Hallquist) Young said...

very excited for you. I know you've really been through it and I couldn't be happier for you. seriously right there with you! 12 and a half weeks for me baby! See you tomorrow.

Shelby said...

What a beautiful, sweet, sweet poem, from such a beautiful, sweet heart! You know how excited I am for you! Can't wait to meet this little one!

Outnumbered! said...

How exciting! I am so happy for you!