Thursday, October 18, 2007

LET THERE BE MOM...Get out the tissues

Today the organization called Let There BE MOM was sponsoring a "Dine out for MOM" day all throughout this great city we live in and surrounding towns. Basically a percentage of the $$ that was made for the day goes to the organization.
So what is Let There Be MOM? It is a G-VEGAS based, non-profit org with the mission of helping moms who are diagnosed with a life threatening illness, set up their legacy. I think it is one of the greatest things I have heard about in a long time. I was invited by a coworker to have lunch at MOES to benefit the LTBM...and so we went.We saw a few other friends there too! So that was fun! The girl at the cash register was not quite sure what the organization was about so I proceeded to tell her and of course CRIED! I mean I just can't imagine being so young and losing your mother,daughter,sister and wife! ITS NOT too late go out and support this ministry! Find out ways to volunteer!

2 comments:

Outnumbered! said...

That is such a great organization, but so sad, too. It definitely made me cry, too.

Michelle Y said...

I supported LTBM yesterday as well. I brought along my friend from work and my sister. My sister proceeded to tell my friend about the organization and both of them were all out crying at the table. I'm not quite sure what the waitress thought! It is a fabulous organization!