
1826 Days
157,766,400 Seconds
2,629,440 Minutes
43,824 Hours
260 Weeks
All have in Common????? Well I'll tell you 5 YEARS! That is how long me and J have been married. I have been thinking of all the things in my head to post about and have decided to make this a multi post kind of a day filled with wedding day/honeymoon and REAL LIFE kind of a day. With the help of some friends to help reminisce the memories unfold:
J and B,
We are so blessed to have such awesome friends as you. I will always remember standing in Mr. O’Rear’s office watching baseball with J (who was just a little ANXIOUS) as we waited for his grand entrance. What a special…insanely HOT day! I remember the parade of children that flooded the stage. Most of all, I remember how awesome it was to witness B and J’s unending love for each other. Your marriage is an awesome testimony of Christ’s love. We love you, Andy and Michelle Newsome.
We are so blessed to have such awesome friends as you. I will always remember standing in Mr. O’Rear’s office watching baseball with J (who was just a little ANXIOUS) as we waited for his grand entrance. What a special…insanely HOT day! I remember the parade of children that flooded the stage. Most of all, I remember how awesome it was to witness B and J’s unending love for each other. Your marriage is an awesome testimony of Christ’s love. We love you, Andy and Michelle Newsome.
T&C said:WE remember I made someone find a fan to put under your dress because it was so hot, but what a beautiful day. Remember your breakdown in the elevator on Friday night. I wasn't there but I heard about it. What about the crazy wedding lady sticking her hand down my dress. Remember what you said about the flowers(or greenery) before the wedding. Remember the bug that flew out of Amy's flowers and attacked me and Suzanne. You were the calmest and most beautiful bride. The chocolate cake at the rehearsal dinner(yummy) NO GUM!!!Absolutely NO GUM!!! Me catching the bouquet. The kids did so well and were so excited to see Auntie B marry Uncle J. Aunt Helen and her wedding attire at the Rehearsal. I remember watching people come through the windows in the Bridal suite.
When B asked me to write about some of my memories from their wedding day, I decided there wasn’t one particular memory that stood out to me but all the little things. So, here’s everything I remember from that day (with a little help from my husband)!
How gorgeous the flowers were at the church ... B’s precious nieces and nephew ... the limo they left the church in (and thinking to myself how cool! WHY didn’t I think of that for my wedding!?) ... trying to catch a glimpse of J’s shoes during the ceremony to see if the guys put anything on the bottom of them ... B’s china pattern, Nantucket Basket (why do I remember that?) ... how pretty B looked ... how happy J looked ... how handsome my husband looked in his tux ... how handsome ALL the guys looked in their tuxes ... the sparklers we waved as they ran out of the church ... laughing with Jason Jones as we waited for them to come out (I can’t even remember what we were laughing about, but I just remember his laugh) ... B crying at the rehearsal dinner because everyone she loved was in one room ... the sweet slide show of B and J at the rehearsal dinner ... B’s mom’s smile ... the guys trying to put heavy books in Js suitcase to weigh it down, but J catching them ... having that “freak out” moment with B before my wedding and then returning the favor a couple of weeks before hers ... the guys inappropriate “We’re going to Hawaii, YAH!” that they repeated thousands of times ... the song “How Beautiful” sang at the wedding ... and sitting there and watching two of the most special people I know get married and looking forward to sharing all those incredible moments we have already shared as friends and will share in the future.
How gorgeous the flowers were at the church ... B’s precious nieces and nephew ... the limo they left the church in (and thinking to myself how cool! WHY didn’t I think of that for my wedding!?) ... trying to catch a glimpse of J’s shoes during the ceremony to see if the guys put anything on the bottom of them ... B’s china pattern, Nantucket Basket (why do I remember that?) ... how pretty B looked ... how happy J looked ... how handsome my husband looked in his tux ... how handsome ALL the guys looked in their tuxes ... the sparklers we waved as they ran out of the church ... laughing with Jason Jones as we waited for them to come out (I can’t even remember what we were laughing about, but I just remember his laugh) ... B crying at the rehearsal dinner because everyone she loved was in one room ... the sweet slide show of B and J at the rehearsal dinner ... B’s mom’s smile ... the guys trying to put heavy books in Js suitcase to weigh it down, but J catching them ... having that “freak out” moment with B before my wedding and then returning the favor a couple of weeks before hers ... the guys inappropriate “We’re going to Hawaii, YAH!” that they repeated thousands of times ... the song “How Beautiful” sang at the wedding ... and sitting there and watching two of the most special people I know get married and looking forward to sharing all those incredible moments we have already shared as friends and will share in the future.
Happy 5th Anniversary, J and B. We love you! The Burleys
So from the eyes of others I have some of those same things running through my head and some I don;t remember at all. I do have one very vivid memory that J and I have talked about and smiled about and are so thankful that I do have: I was walking out of the brides room and Jason J was lined up ready to go down the aisle he stopped looked back at me smiled, winked, whispered that he thought I was beautiful and blew me a kiss. He was the only guy that even turned around.I will always remember that. I guess after that moment I remember the music starting and catching J's eye and never looking at anyone else after that. I listened to what Dr. P had to say....I listened as my friends sang and gave GLORY to the LORD for our commitment to GOD and to eachother. It was everything I had hoped it would be .PERFECT just PERFECT! WE were married! YAHOOOOO
11 comments:
What a wonderful post! You and Jordan touch the lives of everyone you encounter. I hope you have a wonderful evening tonight celebrating each other and the love God blessed you with.
Also, I had the chance to talk to Jason about you last night, and he RAVED about you. It is amazing how God has placed you so perfectly in your job! He wants you there as part of the youth team at TFBC.
You are such a wonderful and encouraging friend. You are also a wife and mother to be admired. You are always uplifting of Jordan. I don't think I have ever heard you say a disrespectful word about him! And you are such a great mommy to W! I love hearing you talk about him. You guys are living the life God has planned for YOU specifically, and you are so blessed. Sorry this was so long. Happy Anniversary! Love you. (Maybe if I would have stayed at AC, I would have known you on your wedding day???)
Hey Stubbie!
I haven't called you that in a while! :)~ HAPPY 5th ANNIVERSARY!!!! HOORAY!!! My how time does fly when you are having FUN! It seems like yesterday that we were all just newlyweds living at the Halton Place. WOW! It is a blessing to find a love like that...ENJOY every minute! May the Lord continue to bless your marriage and your sweet family.
Lots of love, Derinda
Happy Anniversary! That was so fun to read the memories from your wedding. I know it was beautiful from seeing all of the pictures. We love you both and are so blessed to have you as friends!
LOVE the post! You were and are absolutely beautiful! ENJOY your night "away" tonight:) Happy 5th Anniversary!
SO sweet! Happy Anniversary. God is GOOD!
Happy anniversary! That was such a cool post! Miss you guys!
Aww those are such sweet letters. I am sure your wedding was wonderful because you're such special people. You just make everyone's lives and wedding experiences special too. I love you dear friend!
BETH!! you looked absolutely beautiful in your wedding pic...not that you dont look beautiful everyday! love you
-Amy-
Congrats! How exciting! So today is the day?! Happy Anniversary! Hope to see more of you guys as the summer winds down.
Only you would figure out the time break downs you dork! Hope you had a wonderful time together!
hey beth i am waiting for part 2! :)
Post a Comment