Today my good friend that I work with went to NC to welcome home her "baby" from Iraq! I can not even imagine the things she thought this morning. We have prayed and cried together and cried some more. I had to swallow really hard every morning when I came to work and the news had Marines being killed all over it ...just hoping she had heard from him over the weekend..(gotta love CEll Phones). Sometimes we would be talking and the "special" Will ring woudl go off and she would say "Ohhh thats my baby"...everytime I got chills and then as she would walk away all of us would say praises to GOD for his protection.
I have had the opportunity to read some of his emails and notes that he has sent to his momma over the last year and they are truly amazing. To look at him you would probably think he was 16 yrs old......I have a feeling his face may have changed from the things he has seen and done over there fighting for the freedom of the Iraqi people and of course for our as well. He was an interpreter for the nationals and the unit he was in so friends he was FRONT line..knocking on doors looking for the bad guys....I promise you he has seen it all.
I'm honored to know this fine young man(I can say that since I'm almost 10yrs) older than him--:) Pray for a precious reunion between a mother and her youngest son! SO SWEET..... I think if it was me I would just stand there and want to hug him forever....Hopefully I will have pics to follow!
2 comments:
Praise the Lord he made it home safely. I am sure that she is so thrilled that he's safely home! Thanks for that update. I am glad to hear it.
Has she come back to work this week?!?! Is she walking on cloud 9:) How exciting for her!!
Post a Comment