Friday, April 20, 2007

My "Praying friend"

I have mentioned in the past that I have a "praying friend" well today she sent me and a few other friends from college an email that I had to share...I mean PREACH IT SISTER!!! I am so blessed to call her friend

Hello Girls... I had just a few things that I wanted to share with you (hopefully before Anna Grace wakes from her nap).

"You have dwelt long enough on this mountain...Behold, I have set the land before you; go in and take possession of the land which the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give to them and to their descendants after them." Deut. 1:6, 8 AMP

"Enlarge the place of your tent, and let the curtains of your habitations be stretched out: spare not; lengthen your cords and strengthen your stakes, for you will spread abroad to the right hand and to the left." Isaiah 54:2-3 AMP

How many of us are going around that same old mountain time and time again? Thinking that we are too tired to do this or that? Thinking we can't do that or we can't afford that? or there is no way that is going to happen!. I can't, I can't, it won't, it won't.

When God led the Hebrews out of slavery in Egypt, it took them 40 years to make it to the promised land. God wanted them to move forward, but they wandered in the desert, going around the same mountain, time and time again. They were trapped in a poor, defeated mentality, focusing on their problems, always complaining and fretting about the obstacles between them and their destiny.

Does this sound like us? Have we focused too much on the present problem or the lie that the enemy is feeding us to keep us in a defeated state of mind. The enemy attacks our mind so that our thinking will be wrong. When our thinking is wrong it affects our whole being. Just know that no matter the set back; today is a new day and God wants to do a new thing in each of our lives. Don't let your past or present state of mind determine your future.

If we change our thinking, God can and will change our life.

"YOU WERE BORN TO WIN; YOU WERE BORN FOR GREATNESS; YOU WERE CREATED TO BE A CHAMPION."

Psalm 8:5 states that God has crowned us with "glory and honor." The word honor could also be translated to "favor", and favor means "to assist, to provide with special advantages and to receive preferential treatment." So... this means that God wants to assist us, promote us, and give us advantages. But... we have to be favor minded. We have to expect God to help us and release our faith, know that God wants to be there and assist us in all that we do.

Know that your latter will be greater than your past.... God has even greater things in store for us as we move forward with Him. Let's just keep our minds focused on the promises of God and know that we are His creation and He will give us peace of mind, He will fulfill our deepest desires, He will strengthen us... and on and on...whatever your need may be. He is a great God and worthy to be exalted and praised.

Lord, I pray that your peace overtakes me today. Change my wrong thinking. Amen


This sister is on FIRE and when she brings it I mean WATCH OUT!!! I love that I have girlfriends who are fighting for me with prayer and scripture! WHEW gonna take a run--LOOK OUT

No comments: