Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Spring has Sprung

I LOVE Spring....not just because its my birthday....but that is a good reason! I just love it everything is new and it just seems like people are in better moods(or that is my observance) I was wondering what your childhood memories are of spring.. Here are a few of mine:
-FREEZING IN THE SNOW at Easter one year to be followed the next year HOT and standing in front of the forsythia bush (to me a true Spring sign)
- visiting the zoo to see the baby animals( a good spring Field trip)
-the smell of fresh cut grass
-Spring sports in our house kept us busy(4 kids....YEAH my parents stayed busy)
-looking forward the visit last year from J&K--then being sad that it was over so fast...its almost been a WHOLE year!!!!!
-of course mine and my mom's birthday(same day) and this year I will spend it in RI with my parents,brothers,sister and their children!!!!! SOOO EXCITED!
NEW MEMORIES with W: the smell of his hair after he has been outside all day playing, his sunkissed cheeks,dumping a pound of sand out of his shoes at night(that means he has played HARD, and that can only mean A LONG HAPPY NIGHT OF SLEEP in a big boy bed
So what are some of your favorite Spring time memories???

3 comments:

Annie said...

I love this time of year too.
BTW, you should go to Hallmark.com. They are having an Easter Essay contest with prizes up to $2,500 (I am sure that would be fun to put toward Hawaii!)

Shelby said...

I have no favorite memories of Spring, at least that i can recall. That is because my favorite time of year is FALL (when my b-day happens to occur), followed by Winter. Spring is a harbinger of what is next in the seasonal year and that is summer... where all i do is run from one indoor, air-conditioned place to the next because I hate to sweat. Also, spring conjurs up terrible allergies and who likes that?? Maybe I'm just bitter because I'm fighting off a cold right now and Stone just got over some "yuck." Nope, I'm pretty sure I don't really like Spring too much. But I could go on and on about Fall and Winter..... :)

Anonymous said...

Shelby I thought we covered BITTER at bible study on Monday night??? hehe...I too love Fall nothing like a New England fall...you should go sometime and see it! Since we live in Allergy heaven I feel your pain....