On a VERY sunny cold January morning back in 1993 we waited and waited to hear the news of the arrival of my brother's first born, and my first niece. She was the first of alot of things...first grandchild on both sides of her family too! I guess it was special in alot of ways because my brother Joe and Val had been together all through High School since I was 8yrs old so to me there was very little PV(preVal) in my life.
I remember the phone rang...it was for me...She is here Sarah Nicole Stublarec was born I just cried and cried.At that point I was not sure why I was crying...was that what you were supposed to do? I had never felt these feelings before for anyone. I remember going to the hospital after work that day by myself...I was not about to wait for everyone else to get off work to go see my special little girl. The hall way was dark and I walked into the room, Val was sleeping and there was noone around (a little wierd I thought) Then I looked down the hallway and saw my brother standing there with his face pressed up against the glass..it was like time stopped. I stood there and watched my own brother as a new daddy. I remember thinking is this why I cried earlier? Was God trying to show me that your heart grows when a new life is born?( at this time I was not yet a Christian so I did not understand the fullness of God's love...it was all so surreal to me) I walked over and we hugged and he pointed her out to me...she was so little. I loved her from that point with a very special place so deep.
Fast forward to now.....2007 How in the world is that sweet little girl 14 yrs old? WOW! I am so proud of her as today I call that little girl my sister in CHRIST...I am sure of the fact that she is wiser in many ways than I could ever be in her faith...so innocent and pure. I prayed and prayed this morning that GOD would wrap HIS hands around her and guide her. That she will make wise choices and seek the Lord in all that she does....I know she will as she is lead in this life by the very parents who lead me to the same love for my savior Jesus Christ. They never gave up me and continued to pray that my life would be new. I finally got it that day...the same love HE was trying to show me that day in the hospital....HE was calling me that day I am sure of it "Beth Hear me this is the love I have for you....this is a new life that you can have... a new start!"
Happy Birthday to my VERY special little girl---you will always be my sweet, special little girl...even if you are almost taller than me! I love you
3 comments:
Beth...that made me cry! So sweet. And Happy Birthday to your niece. She's blessed to have such an awesome aunt.
I agree Beth, this made me cry as well. WOW- our neices are 14- Ceclila will be 14 in 3 weeks. I remember being back in college and talking about our cherished little baby neices!
Beth, you have an incredibly beautiful heart. I love you a lot.
Post a Comment