Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Wisdom for Moms

I have a few favorite blogs that I read each week. Most of them are for recipes simply because if you knew anything about me you would know that I want to be a chef in an Italian countryside restaurant.(side note..HA) A few blogs about home life/marriage and the rest about motherhood. My favorite most encouraging is MOB SOCIETY! It is so encouraging to moms but most especially to those of boys. I find the content to be applicable to my life. The writers are made up of MOB of all walks of life. I appreciate the views from all sides of the table on parenting always keeping CHRIST in the center. The link mentioned above is a recent post on Wisdom for moms. Talking about how to keep our thoughts and desires for our children Christ centered. WE get so caught up in the parenting books and all the hype of what society says about raising our kids. Seek GOD first...DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH( i love saying duh again....its fun try it on your kids and tell me the reaction you get).
We pray daily that we are doing the right thing but often fall into the trap of comparing and seeing what everyone else says......we just need to be reminded to keep focused. I love that even in sports we are surrounded by Christian examples for our boys..in coaches and parents. PRAISE THE LORD. This morning when I watched a VLOG on what we want for our boys it said to surround your selves with Godly examples let your boys(or girls) see you living it out! I love that I have family and friends involved in so many different ministries: adoption,homeless and poverty,missions domestic and international,growing kids God's way and sports ministries. Surrounding our children with God's expectations and not the world's is showing them how we want to live out the best advice we could ever give them....GOD's word!

1 comment:

Double Dees in SC said...

Amen sista!