Friday, September 09, 2011

God's lessons in our daily life

Today I was slammed by God clearly showing me the importance of being in His word. I was on the phone with a dear person in my life and the mom of a 6th grade girl. UGH that can be a whole other post in itself how the LORD sparred me the D-R-A-M-A of all things girl. I have to admit not that its a secret to those from my former life ...I WAS A MEAN GIRL! I was the one who wanted to be liked and would do anything at any ones cost to be liked and if that included being MEAN or unaware of my surroundings then so be it. So to hear this sweet one ache like only a mommy can for her 1st born I had feeling of guilt in me too as my life flashed before me and I saw my selfish actions hurt others. BLAGHHHHHHHHHHHH

When I was sharing with her how important it is to build her daughter up I was reminded that I NEED to help my boys hide God's word in their hearts so that when they need comfort, shelter from the storms of life they will be comforted in knowing that the LORD has rescued them in that exact moment. WOW how I slack at this. One of the most important things that I shared in a previous post how important it is for me to encourage William throughout the day with love notes. I also put in those God's word I know as he reads it he is not only reminded where we find our strength but that God loves him way more than I ever could.

I do have to say because this 6th grade girl is VERYYYYY special to me I wanted to go blow up those girls homes or make their lives miserable I encouraged the mom to pray for them by name with her daughter so that she will not HATE them. AGHHHHHHH another lesson I need to do too! I have alot of good advice I just need to practice it more often.
So here is to all my mommy friends of girls and boys--build a strong foundation in your young ones...talk about the Lord everyday and how we run the race toward HIM and not anyone else. For as hard as that is when our children are hurting on the inside. We mama bears want to attack and we need to step back and see what our children will do ...let them show us they have been listening they might just surprise you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In 4th grade I was a mean girl to someone and I recently saw her downtown and as awkward as it was, I told her that I was sorry for being so hateful in 4th grade. She looked at me like I was crazy but I knew the Lord wanted me to apologize even 18 years later.