Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Crock Pot + Low FAT + yummy = Success

Crockpot Bean Burritos


1(14½ ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies



2(15½ ounce)cans black beans, rinsed and drained



1(8¼ ounce)can corn kernels, drained



3 tablespoons taco seasoning



fat free flour tortillas



sour cream



shredded cheese
I also added olives,cucumbers, more pico de gallo, and spinach&herb wraps
*YES my children wanted to know why thier quesadilla was green but after tasting it they loved like it...loved sounded so good to add there but lets be REAL it was not a love it was a YOU ARE GOING TO EAT IT--in my head it sounded like the perfect dinner table....oh well more recipe below


Pour off ½ cup of the liquid from the diced tomatoes;discard. Combine the tomatoes and the remaining liquid, the beans, corn, and taco seasoning in a Crockpot. Cook, covered until the flavors are blended, 3-4 hour on high, 6-8 hours on low.



With a potato masher or wooden spoon, coarsely mash the bean mixture. Spoon ½ cup of the mixture on each tortilla. Serve with sour cream and shredded cheese

3 comments:

Double Dees in SC said...

I will be making this recipe soon....

And by the way - we're gonna need some 'along the way' shots, just like The Biggest Loser. At 20lbs, I want to see a progress photo. No excuses!

FIRST FIFTEEN {point 5} - D-O-N-E! So proud of you, Beth!!!

KLee said...

Sounds so easy and good! Can't beat it. Proud of all the hard work and progress you are making!!

Outnumbered! said...

Awesome Beth! Proud of your accomplishment!! I am definitely making this recipe! I already have all the ingredients! ;)