Wednesday, December 29, 2010

From the INSIDE OUT

So as 2011 approaches I am reflecting on the life changes I made in 2010. Pretty huge if I do say so myself. I knew in my heart that the changes I made in 2010 would definitely need followup 2011 if all fell into place..awwwwwww I love it when a plan comes together. Especially when its GOD's PLAN

In 2010 I started to really trust His plans for me. Not just in my own personal life but in the life of my marriage, children and family. I can honestly say I am blown away at the depth that each of those areas has reached in a short year. PRAISING GOD for for my family and "framily" that has been in this year. WOOHOO.

Trusting God to lead me in His ways and become new with His words hidden in my heart to pull out in times of trial. Obviously in order to hide His word I needed to be in HIS word. Fully embracing a life that He would have me to lead. I made some changes around me and have seen the benefits of living a life to call my own but only in HIM. WHEWWWW Now that I feel I am at another stepping stone on this journey there are physical changes that need to be made. YUCK

I mean who wants to think about resolutions on the 29th of December when there are fat filled NYEves parties to attend? Well I am with the help from my own personal Jillian.
Good thing I know this Jillian won't cuss at me or bring up my past to help motivate me. You won't will you? :)
I realized that as I was making some major changes inside I was feeding the anxiety that went along with change so now the outside reflects something I am not happy with at all. I want to feel great and be healthy. I want to keep up with my boys(will I ever achieve this?) I want to buy clothes and feel confident in them.
Now I am not training for a marathon or looking toward a class Reunion. I am however targeting spring and summer as the layers come off and more skin shows. I can't decide if I will be posting my successes on here or not. Maybe I will ..maybe just maybe that will give me more motivation to stick to it...although I don't think my Jillian will let me get unstuck. SHE IS HARD CORE!
For now I claim this verse for 2011- I want to live it out...walk it out....be IT
Romans 12:1 (The Message)
Romans 12
Place Your Life Before God 1-2
So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you.


YES YES YES--don't you just love this version??

Will you walk along with me on some sort of renewing of your mind,heart, soul and body in 2011?? What are your plans? What are your dreams for this year? ARe you stuck? Let me encourage you to get over it and get over yourself...seriously I mean that in a loving Christian kind of a way. BE REAL--DEAL WITH IT--I promise you will be so much happier and so will those around you. I found that I will never be who God wants me to be untill I had to deal with getting over myself...that was hard I was good at it. I want my boys to live a life that is full of JESUS not full of this world. I want to help them grow into Godly men and in order to that I need to be the example....I need to set the stage and show my family I mean business in 2011.

8 comments:

tug-tugandnor-nor's mommy said...

I'm cheering you all the way!

Double Dees in SC said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Double Dees in SC said...

You will most certainly be successful and you are going to be busting at the seams to report your progress on this blog, which will encourage others to face their obstacles with grace & strength. I'm proud of you!!

I promise I won't curse at you....but that's the end of my promises. And if I'm going to be a Jillian, could I get a body like hers? :)

T minus 2 days and then....GAME ON!

Maria said...

LOVE the verse in Romans!! Thanks for sharing. So thankful for your friendship and that God put you in my life:)

Kelley C said...

I'm excited to watch you come into your own this year. Own it girl.

TCW said...

Praying for you and your new commitments. Love you!!!

KLee said...

Awesome challenge for you! And I KNOW you can do it! And how about that MSG version--love it!

Amanda said...

wow!! God is sooo amazing!! i was just taking a minute before bed...and somehow got sidetracked and ran upon your post. i know, i am the world's worst blog poster and person to actually read other's blogs...but anyway...i am so proud of you and what God is doing in and through you!! it is amazing at how God speaks some of the same things to people...2010 was not an easy year for me...year of DIVINE ALIGNMENT..whew it was rough...but the changes are having to continue coming....i can't live life as usual and expect to see Supernatural results..i have to continually allow Him to change me from the INSIDE OUT!! wow...people have not understood me and the decisions I have been making, but I am not my own OR a follower of the world and neither will my children be...so therefore I have to make choices to stand apart and that is just fine with me!! I want Jesus to be glorified through all that i do....this year is about delicerate obedience...as Christ continues to unfold HIS supernatural plan to me and my family!! i could go on and on...but i better stop before you take a lap....lol..love ya dear friend!!