Tuesday, June 08, 2010

what is a friend?

1. A person whom one knows, likes, and trusts.
2. A person whom one knows; an acquaintance.
3. A person with whom one is allied in a struggle or cause; a comrade.
4. One who supports, sympathizes with, or patronizes a group, cause, or movement:

that is the definition of a friend. but what does that mean to you? Does it mean someone you have known for a long time? Does it mean someone who has been through certain situations with you and still loves you? OR does it mean someone who loves you enough to tell you like it is? Someone that tries to uplift you in all circumstances. Someone who is godly enough to encourage you when you don't want to hear it. I believe that it is also someone who can sit back and NOT have anything to say at all just listen and be there.
Let me tell you about this someone in my life. This someone who has helped me to become the person that I am today....the wife...mother...daughter and friend I need to be to others. That friend is Rhonda. Some of you might know her has Miss Rhonda in our family she is just Ra-Ra. Has it always been a perfect relationship? UM NO...but we can laugh at those times of growth and see where and how GOD took us right back to eachother. She is my light in the darkness always helping me to see where GOD has me in times of trouble and heartache she guides me and always points me back to the truth. HIS TRUTH. She challenges me in ways I never thought I could be challenged. PEOPLE that is a real friend a real sister in Christ. One who knows and trusts and believes in you. I think the biggest compliment that I could ever get from her is that around me and Jordan she feels like she is HOME. That is how we want her to feel in our home.
As I have said many times before it is hard sometimes to be away from my mom and my sister. I have so many wonderful friends that love my family and my boys. That means the world to me to see family from their perspective it includes so many people. It is just nice to know that one of those people is Rhonda. It gives me a warm heart to know that when they are in her care she shows them JESUS. OUR family is blessed! I also want to share in her passions and vision for the future in her life. I get excited when she wants to share dreams with me. I get excited to tell people she is our PreSchool Minister and YUP SHE ROCKS!!! She has a dream that God has given her to minister to families and it is the most exciting thing to hear her heart. To hear her dreams for the mighty and powerful GOD that He is to move and change hearts. WHEWWW I just love her. I do take some credit with her graduating from college but besides that I would say she is PERFECT ! :)

William's end of the year class party! Thanks Miss Rhonda for getting up on your day off to be there
Taking care of the boys so we could celebrate my birthday. Sometimes at night we look at pics of the boys and a few weeks ago Jay saw one of RA-RA he hugged and kissed the book goodnight and said "I wuv you RA-Ra"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That kissing the book thing is so sweet!

KLee said...

Everyone needs a Rhonda. I am so glad I know and love the same one you do!

Lauren said...

Oh, Rhonda. Even though I don't know her that well, I WANT to know her more. Even from a distance people know she is pure gold.

Double Dees in SC said...

I also love that woman! Her joy is just contagious!

Outnumbered! said...

What a sweet tribute. I'm sure she feels the same about you. :)

It's a Mom Thing said...

that was such a sweet post! i mean, who doesn't LOVE rhonda! she's the best