Friday, June 11, 2010

Monkey! Jaybird! Monkey Joe! Little Buddy!


Today is your 2nd birthday and I can't believe that 2 years have already flown right by. Daddy and I love you so much! Big Brother LOVES you even more. We are complete because you came in as a surprise right when I didn't think there would be a YOU our GOD had other plans.

these feet once looked so small as they fit inside my hands. I look at you now and compared to your big brothers stats we think you will be the tallest one in our family. These feet have learned to walk, run, climb, and your favorite DANCE. Lately these feet have learned to STOMP when you are angry or upset. I'm not really a fan of that but I am glad to see you are coming into your own and honestly I'm thankful to see a little you emerging. I love your Independence.


One year ago we celebrated your very first birthday. We surrounded you with friends and family to say a big YAHOOOO to GOD for a year of smiles and laughter. Since your first birthday cake you have really starting talking and letting us know who you are. This year you have formed a love affair with your big brother that I often sit and listen and watch as you follow him around. He loves you even though he often does not understand that you worship him. I tear up when I see you sit and listen to him read you a story or tie your shoes. This relationship and this time I want to bottle up. I can close my eyes and see you smiling, I hear you laughing at him and I wonder if anyone will ever make an impact on your life like he does. At night when we pray I love when you go through your list of "Thank you GOD for____" it is a precious time for me to hear you so grateful even if your list always with out a doubt starts with "Thank you God for Bubbles". Not a stranger can pass with out a smile or a " Hey watcha doin" its a great ice breaker for me as your mommy. Just last week God used you as mommy and daddy went to minister in church outreach...you were my IN with the people there. Your SMILE...is a gift. Your smile allowed me to share JESUS with people. Oh I'm so thankful for you.



Today as you turn 2 yrs old I wonder what this year will look like. I am hoping it is a year filled with a lot less diapers as you are so curious about the potty. Not just our potty but everyone elses and all the restaurants or stores we go into. :) I am hoping you can really develop a love for reading like your big brother. I can't wait to see you in just a few short weeks at the beach. Daddy and I pray for you and your future. Did you know I watch you sleep? I think its the only time you are still. I watch you and wonder what kind of man you will be. I pray that you will always be this kindhearted and friendly. I pray that you will know Jesus and with that I pray you will do great things for our GOD.

I love you so much my sweet little Monkey...my funny JayBird...my little buddy! XOXO

























6 comments:

The Burleys said...

LOVE IT! He is such a sweet little boy. Happy Birthday, Jay!

Caroline said...

Ahhh...nothing like a little crying on a Sat morning - thanks! Happy Birthday, Jay:)

Jessica said...

Sniff ... tears ... sniff

Where does the time go!?

It's a Mom Thing said...

yeah, wiping the tears here, too. happy birthday to one sweet boy is part of a very sweet family!

can't wait to watch the 3 muskateers grow to be big boys!

KLee said...

Love you Jay!

Double Dees in SC said...

Yeah, that was a tearjerker. At work. Thanks! LOVE that boy! He is the most tender-hearted little guy. Just always makes me smile!!!