Friday, April 04, 2008

So how is Birthday week shaping up?

Birthday week is taking off on the RIGHT path! Today I have lunch with some sweet friends from work...not sure of where we will go ..that does not matter at all to me...I love my job and love the women I work with they are truly my sisters in CHRIST and for that I am soooooooooooooooooooo thankful. I also received a gift of LOVE this morning. Ever have someone in your life that reminds you of someone you miss or love very much??? Well since I have lived in SC I have had been blessed over and over with these type of people. The friend who is decorating our nursery is alot like both of my parents she mothered me through some tough times down here and loves me like her own daughter. AT work NOW at the church I have this sweet older friend who is the TWIN of my Aunt Berna( Pumpkin, and all ceramic maker) she does not have any children so she loves the younger girls here like her own. This morning in honor of birthday week and baby J she gave me the crochet blankie she made for my new sweet baby boy. I know and understand how much time and love goes into these.. FRIENDS this is a LOST artform... I am so thankful. IT IS GORGEOUS and machine washable!! She also gave me a book for W called " I'm soooooooooo MAD" HAHAHAHA I shared with her that we have had a real time with him lately and so a perfect book to read about how silly it is to be mad at everything. This same sweet friend has sent me a handwritten note or email EVERY DAY since the day I shared with her that I was pregnant this time. She has been faithful to pray for my anxiety and always asks me how GOD is moving in my heart to let HIM have it all!!! I'm telling you I love my job and my sweet sisters here.
AS for next week:
  • lunch on Monday with another birthday girl and a sweet friend from college
  • GIRLS lunch on Tuesday with a whole bunch of my bestest girls--I have been assured it will be VERY girlie and I can't wait. I think they feel bad for me since I will soon be outnumbered! :)
  • Then I think maybe dinner with some other friends on my actual birthday since hubs will be out of town
  • Thursday nothing yet but I think I can think of fun ways for me and W to celebrate the week
  • Friday DINNER with my AWESOME HUSBAND--KID FREE!!! He is one funny guy GOD has blessed me with one of the funniest guys around... and you know if you can;t laugh then POO on you!
THANK you GOD for all of my wonderful friends and all the fun birthday activities to come. I think that it makes it not being with my parents a little easier. Did you know I have the same birthday as my mom? She told me she is not celebrating this year. SOOOOO just to annoy her I have called her every morning this week to tell her how many more days. Last night she asked me what I wanted. I told her Bras....she didn't like that very much . but hey I have to be practical somewhere around here...so Bras it is! WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO gotta protect the girls ya know! HAHAHA Have a SUPER FANTASTIC kind of a weekend even it does rain the whole time.

5 comments:

TCW said...

Happy Birthday Week!! I love this tradition. Thanks for lending it to the Wells family. OK is very excited about your gift. She keeps taking it out of the bag and saying something that sounds like Beas(how are we going to spell this, by the way?)

It's a Mom Thing said...

Can't wait for lunch! And Happy Birthday week to you!!!

Anonymous said...

Um so I love that you wrote about bras on your blog. I miss you and wish I could be there to celebrate your birthday with you!

Outnumbered! said...

Happy Birthday week! I thought only my MIL had a whole birthday week! :) Since I hit my 30's, I should start that tradition, too. I mean you should have a good time of it, if you have to get older and all!

Double Dees in SC said...

Have a Happy Birthday!!