Friday, May 25, 2007

A great end to a not so great week......

Okay...so this hasn't exactly been the best week in the history of me...but it had a great ending today. I had a pretty rough night last night so J and I decided it would be in my best interest to stay home and rest a little today. If you know anything about me and work ...I NEVER just miss work... never just missed school but I think that is a nother story. ANYWHOO...I rested this morning and then piddled about the house getting the toy box ready for Kiran's arrival(I have to say she will be quite busy with the things I have put in there for her to play with)..and sorta cleaned out W's closet...in which I discovered he has 8 bathing suits...WHAAT? After a relaxing episode of Y&R(Brian what in the world is going on ...I never watch anymore.) I thought I might head out for a little retail therapy.
First stop the mall...I never even make it over there anymore I think it makes me have hives from when I used to work there! A MUCHO successful trip! I was able to comfort my heavy heart with a GREAT new outfit and a few tshirts for summer in the new fun colors I like to call Ice Cream colors. I then headed toward Bath&Body where my sweet husband gave me a GC for part of birthday gift. Well in there my heart skipped a beat as I noticed they have brought back my ULTIMATE fav scent Sun Ripened Raspberry (previously only available at the outlets)....I was so excited and had a little sample of the body spray ..Now picture this I just smelled in the great aroma ...the girl working the door just smiled a "Hey that lady is nuts" smile at me. I laughed out loud and filled my basket. :) When I got up to the register I thought I had went over the GC but after she rang me up I still had $10 left...what a fun surprise...I put the card back in my wallet to use another day when I need a little pick me up or when we run out of kitchen soap.
Next stop Starbucks to indulge again.....remember I am trying to make myself feel better. I order my one and only drink Grande mocha Frappucino no whip--and hand the sweet boy with lip gloss and mascara(teenagers...humph) my other GC and tell him that I think there is still a little $ on it and for him to tell me the total after...he hands me back the card and says it covered it and I still had $5!!!! I almost hugged him...but then I thought he might think that was weird.....
Stop #3 pick up W and head home for a short play before heading over to Mimi & Papa's house for a sleepover(W not us). That kid can make me smile even by just looking at him. He is so sweet...in need of a haircut in a major way ...but sweet! And we(me and J) are off on a date(yet another attempt to make this week better in some way)
First date stop;Flat Rock Grille to use a GC from Christmas(do you see a pattern here? the day of GCs) What a great dinner! I had grilled salmon with a lemon dill butter sauce, grilled asparagus,baked sweet potato and tea. A perfect dinner with Hubby...the only thing was we laughed we could not see the menu do to the "romantic" lighting and we both had to sit under the lampy thing to read it..hahahaha...
Off to the Shops at Greenridge for a Barnes and Noble hour walk around and listing of great Father's day book ideas from J.#2 Ice Cream from the Cold Stone Creamery and a great seat for the live entertainment they have on Fridays and Saturdays right next to the huge water fountain..we sat there for about and hour and talked about how blessed we are and each came up with lists of things to be so thankful for.....a great night was had by all...especially me! I really needed today after the last 10 days or so. Thanks for all of your prayers for us we really could feel them tonight and believe me each and every one of you was mentioned tonight in our lists of blessings! Goodnight ...the house is quiet only the sounds of me typing and baseball on the TV......what a wonderful life I have--THANK YOU GOD for this wonderful day!

7 comments:

Kelley C said...

I'm so thankful you had a great ending to the week. I'm praying you sleep well tonight! In fact you can have a party in your dreams tonight!

It's a Mom Thing said...

Awesome! So glad you were able to spend the day by yourself and the evening with J.

We were at the mall yesterday, too, but not at the same time. I'm glad you were able to find some nice things for yourself. Nothing like a little retail therapy, every now and then.

We have prayed for you and know God will bless you!

Annie said...

I am glad you had such a wonderful day. I love you and I have been praying for you like crazy. You deserved your special day. I am glad you were able to pamper yourself (there is nothing like retail therapy), enjoy a night with your wonderful husband, and just ponder your blessings.
I love you!

KLee said...

What a fabulous day!! Much needed. I love free GC shopping...it makes retail therapy that much better! Praying for you and your sweet family!

Gini (Hallquist) Young said...

Sounds lovely in so many ways! Enjoy! You definitely deserve it!

Anonymous said...

Aww Beth. Still Praying! I love you. We are coming home this weekend for my brother's graduation so maybe I will see you on Thursday or Friday!

Anonymous said...

I am SO GLAD you had a good day and evening! It sounds like you are the Queen of GCs:) That was smart retail therapy! I'm been praying for you!!!!